Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

We had no electric there for a couple of days so took the we'uns to see 'How to train your dragon'.

Brilliant.

Absoloutely loved it. Thought it was a great story, with some superb scenes. My wee boy who is 5 was glued to it, but the wee lassie (3) was bored, so it's definately one to avoid for the smaller ones. In additions some of the dragons are fierce looking, so if she had not been as bored she would've been scared I'd say!

Anyhow some of the scenes, as stated, are superb. I watched the film in 2D, so I would recommend checking out the 3D version for some of the flight scenes.

It's rare too in an animated film that you get characters that are believable, but that's what I got in this film, although the cliches were there too. I especially loved the main character, Hiccup.

I'd put this up there quite easilly with Toy Story, Cars and Monsters Inc. I am tempted to make it my favourite animated film ever, and might do the unthinkable, and go back to rewatch it in 3D!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 01, 2010, 11:57:23 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 01, 2010, 10:45:31 PM
Recording This is England tonight on Film 4. Any good?

Brilliant. Just after watching it there.
Nice one. Been meaning to watch it for ages but the missus has never been so keen. I really like yer man Stephen Graham. Is good at playing headers! Will watch later maybe.

gawa316

Contemplating going to see The Blind Side or renting 2012 tomorrow night.

Anyone seen both and can recommend which to see?

Archie Mitchell

The Blind Side is good. A good feel good movie. Haven't seen 2012.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gawa316 on April 02, 2010, 09:58:46 PM
Contemplating going to see The Blind Side or renting 2012 tomorrow night.

Anyone seen both and can recommend which to see?
blind side 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Archie Mitchell

ziggysego

Saw Kick Ass tonight. One of the maddess, craziest movies I've seen in a long time. Some great laughs and action sequences.
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

crocodile dundee 3 on bbc now. it aint good...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: clarshack on April 03, 2010, 12:26:39 AM

I watched it until they left Australia, a bit nostalgic for the outback. I have fallen in love with McLeods daughters, life styles, the lingo, the scenery, the sun, the Aussie farm, and the girls are hot.

Celt_Man

Jaysus help me but I'm watching it...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 12:38:05 AM

He playing the gomless Aussie, O whats this? Same as when an Irishman goes to America in these films, it plays up to the American assumption that foreigners are going to be amazed and astounded about everything in America. Like the arseend of Ireland the arseend of Australia has newspapers, tvs, cinemas, books, schools, radios too.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 03, 2010, 12:42:57 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 12:38:05 AM

He playing the gomless Aussie, O whats this? Same as when an Irishman goes to America in these films, it plays up to the American assumption that foreigners are going to be amazed and astounded about everything in America. Like the arseend of Ireland the arseend of Australia has newspapers, tvs, cinemas, books, schools, radios too.

Yea I was just saying that these movies must have done for Oz what Darby O'Gill did for Ireland...

pintsofguinness

Dundee lived in the bush...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Celt_Man

Flash Gordon on UTV now... what a show but those fooking gobshites in the corner signing piss me off