Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 26, 2010, 08:46:44 AM
Ripping I missed Felon last night, cracker of a show.  Channel 5 stick on some good ones, I see Undisputed was on a few weeks ago too.

Raging i meant to watch that as well and didnt get a chance  >:(

screenexile

Watched Kick Ass tonight and thought it was superb. Sort of hard to describe it but very funny in parts and some great performances... would recommend it to anyone it's definitely something a bit different.

Main Street

I watched AMEN  2002 (a Costa Gavras film) the other night.

I don't know how I missed it when it came out first, but it is a typical brilliantly paced Gavras film about the German who develops the lethal gas Zyklon-B and his attempts to tell the world  (and that other world - the Vatican) about it.

http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com/2008/02/amen-2002-costa-gavras.html
the rs links work

shawshank

Saw Green Zone at the weekend and thought it was good movie. Its all about the lies surrounding weapons of mass destruction

ziggysego

Saw Shutter Island last night. Figured it all out in the first 15 minutes. Poor film and still haven't changed my opinion on Leonardo.
Testing Accessibility

haranguerer

Thats why I'm wary of it - from the blurb it sounds as though its about the hero being all righteous because they were told there were WMDs where there weren't any.

But theres no way any of those guys who went in there actually gave a f**k whether there was or not, particualarly not those on the ground. Most of the world didnt care ffs. When a film is based on a principle thats very hard to swallow, it inevitably means the whole thing will be hard to swallow...

Hedley Lamarr

Over the last few days I have watched: Hurt Locker...not bad, Night at the Roxbury....pissed myself laughing again, The Road....cut your throat film, Last book of Eli, watchable, Couples Retreat..not bad
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

thebigfella

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on March 30, 2010, 01:54:36 PM
Over the last few days I have watched: Hurt Locker...not bad, Night at the Roxbury....pissed myself laughing again, The Road....cut your throat film, Last book of Eli, watchable, Couples Retreat..not bad

Thats the most positive thing I have heard anyone say about it  :D

Pure dung IMO

haranguerer

Him taking the two lads off in the dark to hunt for the bomber, on the off chance the bomber might have been watching from some of these trees....what a load of bollocks!!

thebigfella

Quote from: haranguerer on March 30, 2010, 02:35:57 PM
Him taking the two lads off in the dark to hunt for the bomber, on the off chance the bomber might have been watching from some of these trees....what a load of bollocks!!

No the bit that annoyed me the most was when they are in the desert with the sniper and it cuts to the snow motion of the shell being ejected from the gun. Pointless scene and something I'd expect in a John Woo movie, all it was missing was a few doves  ::)

ziggysego

f**k sake lads, stop giving the story away!!
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Watched the big lebowski for the first time this weekend. Decent enough showing.

Watched the count of monte cristo last night with jim calzone. Decent enough showing.

The Real Laoislad

Watched Shutter Island last night,not bad but it was fairly obvious after an hour what the "twist" and the end was going to be
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on March 30, 2010, 01:54:36 PM
Over the last few days I have watched: Hurt Locker...not bad, Night at the Roxbury....pissed myself laughing again, The Road....cut your throat film, Last book of Eli, watchable, Couples Retreat..not bad  ??? ??? ??? ???

Have you thought of going after Jonathan Ross' job?...............shocking taste!

leenie

Quote from: Puckoon on March 30, 2010, 05:23:24 PM
Watched the big lebowski for the first time this weekend. Decent enough showing.

Watched the count of monte cristo last night with jim calzone. Decent enough showing.

Can you see where my "dudeism" came from......
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..