Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

i'm raging they are remaking the karate kid... there is nowt wrong with the original.. and they'll probably make a hash of it!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: leenie on March 22, 2010, 09:15:05 PM
i'm raging they are remaking the karate kid... there is nowt wrong with the original.. and they'll probably make a hash of it!
I seen the trailer (or is it trailor?) - it's embarrassing.  I was gutted. Still am.

Though not as embarrassing as Vinnie Jones.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on March 22, 2010, 09:15:05 PM
Sure they remade it umpteen times. Even had a girl in one. Shocking.

Agnes Dipesto

Also a remake of True Grit is being made with Matt Damon. Why do they do this? True Grit is a classic.

Main Street

They say it is the Coen brothers who are doing their version of True Grit.
I´d keep an open mind.

Which brings me to my recommended film of the month, one from the Coen Brothers
"A Serious Man"

a relatively very good film  :)

paco

Remember hearing on here about "Sin Nombre", it's subtitled in Spanish but I would def recommend it.

blewuporstuffed

finally got round to watching eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Really really good film
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 23, 2010, 08:26:25 AM
finally got round to watching eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Really really good film

Totally agree, very dark but superb film and a complete break from normal Jim Carrey stuff. Him and Winslet are very good in this!

AbbeySider

I watched From Dusk Till Dawn Last Night.

I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand its engaging and a good thriller, on the other its totally crazy but kinda hilarious too.  :D

Its worth seeing if only for the twist. I wouldnt read any reviews for fear it could spoil the plot.  ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 22, 2010, 08:26:12 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on March 22, 2010, 01:56:30 PM
Please say this isn't so!!!

Jones plans 'Escape To Victory' remake
4 hours ago | digitalspy | See recent digitalspy news »

Vinnie Jones wants to remake the 1981 football war film Escape To Victory, say tabloid reports. According to The Sun, the Celebrity Big Brother star wants David Beckham cast in the role of Terry Brady, played in the original by Bobby Moore. The original plot followed the story of Allied prisoners of war who take on a German football team while in a prison camp during World War II. It starred Sir Michael Caine and Sylvester Stallone, while footballers Pele, Ossie (more) »

I suppose he won't e busy this summer
holy fcuk, that's hilarious, I can't believe that's how Vinnie Jones is now known (now, I wasn't aware that he has been in celebrity big brother).

The news is from Digital Spy, so yes, that's how he is known for them.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2010, 02:08:13 PM
I watched From Dusk Till Dawn Last Night.

I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand its engaging and a good thriller, on the other its totally crazy but kinda hilarious too.  :D

Its worth seeing if only for the twist. I wouldnt read any reviews for fear it could spoil the plot.  ;)

Ahh it's a fecking great movie... would always watch it whenever its on regardless on tv...

By the by, I saw it one time on cable tv in america, not HBO mind, maybe CBS or one of those - where swearing and nudity is a big no-no... so all the swearing was dubbed out with another actor saying something a lot milder and some of the ladies hair seemed to grow a bit longer and covered up their chests...   it was so annoying it actually was funny!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Canalman

If you haven't seen it before Three Kings is on tonight at 9pm on TV3. Imo a brilliant flick set in the 1st Gulf War. A must see.

Puckoon

Watched inglorious basterds again there last night - still a great movie.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Canalman on March 23, 2010, 05:18:03 PM
If you haven't seen it before Three Kings is on tonight at 9pm on TV3. Imo a brilliant flick set in the 1st Gulf War. A must see.

second that, good show.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Celt_Man

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 23, 2010, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: Canalman on March 23, 2010, 05:18:03 PM

second that, good show.

Aye, one of those ones that is rarely on tv too for whatever reason...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010