Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: JimStynes on March 12, 2010, 11:34:05 AM
There is f**k all out in the cinema at the minute.  I seen an advanced screeing of that new matt damon film Green Zone in the cinema on wednesday, thought it was a good show with some good action scenes in it.

Also when i was in america in November i seen that show Blind Side, this is coming out in a few weeks here. Sandra Bullock is looking great in it, plays the role of a milf who helps a young black boy into a successful american footballer. I would definately go back and see this when it comes out over here.

Did you take that synopsis from imdb?

JimStynes

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 12, 2010, 12:48:11 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 12, 2010, 11:34:05 AM
There is f**k all out in the cinema at the minute.  I seen an advanced screeing of that new matt damon film Green Zone in the cinema on wednesday, thought it was a good show with some good action scenes in it.

Also when i was in america in November i seen that show Blind Side, this is coming out in a few weeks here. Sandra Bullock is looking great in it, plays the role of a milf who helps a young black boy into a successful american footballer. I would definately go back and see this when it comes out over here.

Did you take that synopsis from imdb?

Yeah just cut and copied it over to the board

Capt Pat

There is plenty on in the cinemas at the moment. Green Zone and Shutter Island are out today. Alice in Wonderland, THe Crazies, The Lovely Bones, Ondine, Legion, Crazy Heart. All of these are at least watchable if not very good.

Celt_Man

Saw There Will Be be Blood last night and I was really looking forward to it but to be honest it was a let down... not a bad movie but I'm not sure anything happens in it and then it just ends...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

AbbeySider

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 12, 2010, 03:01:57 PM
Saw There Will Be be Blood last night and I was really looking forward to it but to be honest it was a let down... not a bad movie but I'm not sure anything happens in it and then it just ends...

************ SPOILER ALERT - There Will Be Blood **************************

Nothing happens apart from the whole journey and arch plot of the main character turning into a ruthless, greedy and twisted bastard in the search for more oil and wealth ya ?

Im not trying to be smart but there is a whole film you missed there.

Celt_Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 12, 2010, 03:22:18 PM

Nothing happens apart from the whole journey and arch plot of the main character turning into a ruthless, greedy and twisted b**tard in the search for more oil and wealth ya ?

Yea maybe so... Probably I'm just disappointed by it and not really sure why
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ziggysego

I don't know, I enjoyed it. It was slow developing, but was right for the film. Never really knew where you stood with Daniel Day Lewis' character. Or any of them for that matter.

Really enjoyed it, but not one for someone who was some easy viewing.
Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

In There will be Blood you have to buy into the Daniel Day Lewis character or there is not really much going on. I enjoyed it and went to see it twice.

I saw Chloe today which is a modern update of fatal attraction with a couple of twists. There are probably people on here who are too young for Fatal Attraction-1987, 23 freakin years. Chloe is a good movie, 7 out of 10, 7.5 out of 10 if you like the nice sexy scene in it.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 12, 2010, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 12, 2010, 03:22:18 PM

Nothing happens apart from the whole journey and arch plot of the main character turning into a ruthless, greedy and twisted b**tard in the search for more oil and wealth ya ?

Yea maybe so... Probably I'm just disappointed by it and not really sure why
agree, it was grand, but not worth watching again.

EagleLord

I didn't think I was gonna like it, but I watched that AVATAR the other night, I thought it was quality! Im guna go watch it in the cinema, see if 3D makes it even better!''

Archie Mitchell

Agree with what Jim said earlier about The Blind Side. Seen it a few weeks ago. Great film and Sandra Bullock was looking fine in it.

Is there any cinemas still showing Avatar in 3D? Haven't got the chance to see it yet.

put-it-up

Although I found the Hurt Locker interesting, I don't think it deserves all the attention it has got. Preferred Inglorious Basterds my self!

Anyone seen Greenzone or Shutter Island yet? Looking forward to seeing both

JimStynes

Hurtlocker was good enough movie but not worth the hype its getting.

Avatar 3D was good but sort of movie i could only watch once. Saying that its the type of film i usually would never dream of watching and would usually hate but this was actually good.

I seen Greenzone the other night and i thought it was better than Hurtlocker. I love Matt Damon films, i think hes an underrated actor.

Skiddybadoo

I agree, Jim.  Damon is a brilliantly subtle actor and Green Zone, I thought was a much better film than The Hurt Locker.   

pintsofguinness

Damon is an excellent actor, looking forward to green zone.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?