Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

ah man didn't realise dogma was film 4 tonight... love alan rickman in it!

i think it is that i see him as cross between a angel and dev and a terrorist!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on March 11, 2010, 12:14:00 AM
ah man didn't realise dogma was film 4 tonight... love alan rickman in it!

i think it is that i see him as cross between a angel and dev and a terrorist!

Excellent film leenie. Alan Rickman rang Kevin Smith up, asking to be in this film as he was a big fan of Chasing Amy.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

i'd much rather have dogma to chasing amy!

ziggysego

Sure I'll lend you my copy of Dogma on DVD someday.
Testing Accessibility

AbbeySider

I watch Couples Retreat last night

Dont laugh

It was sh!te. Turned it off after 27 minutes.
What started as a good plot and material for a decent comedy turned out to be an utterly pointless film that is in no way funny. Drivel.

Gabriel_Hurl

Saw a trailer for the new Karate Kid film last night - sweet suffering Jesus

Iron Man 2 on the other hand - looks to be the best comic book movie yet though

joemamas

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 11, 2010, 09:45:16 AM
I watch Couples Retreat last night

Dont laugh

It was sh!te. Turned it off after 27 minutes.
What started as a good plot and material for a decent comedy turned out to be an utterly pointless film that is in no way funny. Drivel.

Thanks for the warning, I just rented the DVD , will send it right back. I have a lot of movies to catch up on.

leenie

this could also go in a dvd thread or comedy but it was on sky movies..

watched eddie murphy raw last night and its freakin hilarious... in a world that has gone politically correct mad, i found it refreshing to watch....

they bit about getting pre nupt's is hilarious especially to think 23 yrs on he is paying out fortunes..

he was a very funny man in his day!

ross4life

Quote from: delboy on March 09, 2010, 09:51:34 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2010, 11:43:43 PM
Johnny Depp must be the best character actor around?

Surely johnny Depp couldn't be considered a character actor, hes a leading man in virtually all his films, now someone like Steve Buscemi thats a character actor.

Character as in i think he's done all these roles by now
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

I saw the 3 D Alice movie today. Average enough. Lots of effort put in to making the movie look good, but really just a run of the mill movie, watchable.

6.5 out of 10.

ziggysego

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 08, 2010, 05:50:28 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 08, 2010, 03:10:42 PM
is The Invention of Lying starring David Brent worth the watch?

Watched Edge of Darkness @ the weekend, decent enough show
invention of lying should have been decent, decent premise, but it is really, really, really shite.

Just after watching it on Sky Box Office. A really good premise, with a lot of scope for good comedy. However it moved very slowly and almost seemed to be an anti-Christianity / anti-Religion sorta film.

The only funny bit for me was the short scene with Stephen Merchant and Shaun "Barry off Eastenders" Williamson.
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on March 12, 2010, 12:11:58 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on March 08, 2010, 05:50:28 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 08, 2010, 03:10:42 PM
is The Invention of Lying starring David Brent worth the watch?

Watched Edge of Darkness @ the weekend, decent enough show
invention of lying should have been decent, decent premise, but it is really, really, really shite.

Just after watching it on Sky Box Office. A really good premise, with a lot of scope for good comedy. However it moved very slowly and almost seemed to be an anti-Christianity / anti-Religion sorta film.

The only funny bit for me was the short scene with Stephen Merchant and Shaun "Barry off Eastenders" Williamson.
it started annoying me early on, he bribed some copper to get out of a speeding ticket or something? whatever it was, surely that's deceitful by the cop?

JimStynes

There is f**k all out in the cinema at the minute.  I seen an advanced screeing of that new matt damon film Green Zone in the cinema on wednesday, thought it was a good show with some good action scenes in it.

Also when i was in america in November i seen that show Blind Side, this is coming out in a few weeks here. Sandra Bullock is looking great in it, plays the role of a milf who helps a young black boy into a successful american footballer. I would definately go back and see this when it comes out over here.

Denn Forever

Has anyone seen Green Zone?

Trailer has lots of noise and is it a new Bourne or is is just like Bourne?

Leenie talking about Raw brings back memories and getting it out on VHS with The Blues Brothers and Billy Connolly's it your Bum for a fivers and remembering to rewind all of them so we wouldn' get fined.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

DF, did you see Molly Ringwald on the Oscars the other night (tribute to John Hughes)??  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...