Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I saw youth in revolt today, I wasn't expecting much from it as it didn't have great ratings and I thought it might  be very dark so I put off going until I was in the mood. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, very entertaining, very funny and very different and not too deep and dark.

8 out of 10.

Celt_Man

Jaysus Capt Pat you seem to be flat out watching movies these days... do you be at anything else?  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

My reviews are in high demand and I am at best self employed these days in a recession so I have a lot of time to burn.

bridgegael

anyone of ya's see the film Exam.  whats it like??

sorry if its already been talked about.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Celt_Man

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 25, 2010, 08:39:23 PM
My reviews are in high demand and I am at best self employed these days in a recession so I have a lot of time to burn.

Nothing wrong with that!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

went to see valentines day............ WORST film ever, never been so bored.... i do not know why the people in the cinema was laughin....

a waste of two hrs that i will never get back!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

Quote from: vav on February 24, 2010, 11:28:01 PM
Went to see Lovely Bones tonight.. absolutely brilliant film, would definitely recommend it.. want to read the book now!

Superb book, read it a few years ago.

Denn Forever

Saw The Crazies today. 

Not usually one for Horror/Terror movies.  I watched some of this through my fingers but it was an unpretentious movie.  An enjoyable romp.

There was blood.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

Watched the Notebook last night, good show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

leenie

just watching forgetting sarah marshall its actually not bad...

russel brands character is quite funny.... sarcastic/dry... my favourite type of humour!

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on March 03, 2010, 01:24:53 AM
just watching forgetting sarah marshall its actually not bad...

russel brands character is quite funny.... sarcastic/dry... my favourite type of humour!

Got it on DVD recently, for what it is, it's very funny. Much funnier than I was expecting it to be. Russell was basically playing himself though. Your fella from The Big Bang Theory was good it it too.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

eh?

do u mean jason segal.... he's in how i met ur mother! he wrote the film... should be in more comedys... is he in i love you man?

ziggysego

Eh, yeah - Jason. He was good. Thought I heard somewhere he wrote it, but wasn't sure.

Anyway, that glaring error means it's past my bedtime. Night leenie.
Testing Accessibility

AbbeySider

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 02, 2010, 09:02:07 AM
Watched the Notebopok last night, good show.

The Notebook?
I want to ask, are you male or female?
Did you watch it with the other half?

I got "Notebooked" too in the past, but it was a social experiment on herself to see whould she cry.
And she was hysterical. And I mean hysterical!

nrico2006

I am male.  I also watched it with the other half.  But it was actually me who wanted to watch it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'