Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Scum was banned in Ireland when it was released.
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2010, 11:21:56 AM
Scum was banned in Ireland when it was released.
A great show, always enjoy watching it.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Scum is good. "I'm the daddy!!" Jesus From Dusk til Dawn was banned in the South too, eejits.

Green Street isn't good. The new version of The Firm is bad too. The old TV version is better IMO with Gary Oldman and Jim from Corrie.

Wasn't terribly fussed with the blind side, way over hyped, but worth a watch for sure.

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

AbbeySider

I watched Daybreakers last night.

I liked it, as its a fresh idea in the genre of vampire movies.
Its worth a look, not particularly scary but it has a couple of jumps. 

I tend to like Zombie and Vamp movies lately for some reason.  :D

Celt_Man

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 18, 2010, 12:25:14 PM
Scum is good. "I'm the daddy!!" Jesus From Dusk til Dawn was banned in the South too, eejits.

Green Street isn't good. The new version of The Firm is bad too. The old TV version is better IMO with Gary Oldman and Jim from Corrie.

Wasn't terribly fussed with the blind side, way over hyped, but worth a watch for sure.

Was it f**k?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

going to cinema....

invictus or lovely bones?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 18, 2010, 03:14:35 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 18, 2010, 12:25:14 PM

Was it f**k?

Swear te gawd hi!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Film_censorship
H. L. Mencken

Billys Boots

Quote from: mc_grens on February 11, 2010, 03:09:03 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on February 11, 2010, 02:52:32 PM
For anyone interested in the Millenium trilogy by Steig Larsson, all three books have been filmed in (their native) Swedish in the last year - all have had a cinema release and the first two are out on DVD.

I watched 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' last weekend, and it was good.  For the record, I enjoyed the books, though they were a bit one-dimensional from a characterisation perspective.  And the fact that the 'hero' was a journalist stuck in the craw quite a bit.  Lisbet Salander (the 'Girl') is a very interesting focal point however, both in the books and the movie.

the books are certainly great page turners, but could end up a bit Dan Brownish in fil form as there isn't quite enough action in them.

Watched 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' at the weekend - very enjoyable.  As McGrens says they're not an action series, so that's not what to expect.  Oh, and they're nothing to do with Dan Brown, so don't let that put you off.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Really looking forward to seeing 'Crazy Heart' with Jeff Bridges. In danger of being over hyped by critics continually saying the best actor oscar's already his, but robert duvall and Colin Farrell are in it too.

Played Farrell's country tracks he sings in the film on today fm earlier, he's not a terrible singer at all.

But jesus i'm creaming me pants about this one...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403865/
H. L. Mencken

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Puckoon

Watched King Arthur with Clive Owen the other night, I didnt even know the movie existed and there was shag all on the tv, so I was glad I had something. Thought it was well above half decent.

6.75 stars.

DownFanatic

Watched it again the other week and Dead Man's Shoes is still my favourite film of all time.

AbbeySider

Just saw Invictus... great film, thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Its recommended  ;D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: DownFanatic on February 18, 2010, 10:45:30 PM
Watched it again the other week and Dead Man's Shoes is still my favourite film of all time.

Great call.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.