Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Watched The Hurricane again there tonight. Some show.

Celt_Man

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 24, 2010, 02:11:41 AM
Watched The Hurricane again there tonight. Some show.

Top flick alright... serious tune with it too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

SLIGONIAN

Moon was a strange movie, watched it on the plane, tbh was quite boring and just about watchable IMO but each to there own. What was the point of it?

Seen UP IN THE AIR yday, and was mightly impressed. Excellent screenplay and jees Clooney was brilliant in it. Its really alot more about relationships and the meaning of life than a Airmiles movie. Definitly makes you think about your life when you come out of it. I love those type of movies.

Anyone seen the Lonely bones yet? Looking forward to Legion aswell.

Oh and told yee AVATAR was going to be huge ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ballinaman

Yep, I've seen The Lovely bones. Decent movie, won't change your life or anything. First and last thirds of the film are good, middle is fairly poor. Worth a watch though.

Watched "World's Greatest Dad" last night. Not too sure when it's out in Ireland or even if it will be but really enjoyed it. Mad movie, if you like black comedies you'll like this movie. It's most definitely not mainstream and won't appeal to alot of people, don't even bother infact if you don't like edgy movies. Seriously dark at some points. Robin Williams plays a not so typical Robin Williams role. I'd be interested to see what other board members make of it.

Here's the link...first zshare one works well.

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/movies/2009/worlds_greatest_dad.html

DuffleKing

Quote from: ballinaman on February 01, 2010, 10:12:32 AM
Yep, I've seen Lovely bones. Decent movie, won't change your life or anything. First and last thirds of the film are good, middle is fairly poor. Worth a watch though.

They weren't long putting together the john terry biopic to ride the hype...

sandwiches_in_the_boot

If you like your gangster films and don't mind subtitles check out 'A Prophet', very good prison based French film that's been praised from pillar to post lately. Also another French one: 'Mesrine: Parts 1 and 2. Part 1 is called 'Killer instinct' and part 2 is called 'Public Enemy Number 1'.

There's a Mexican film 'Sin Nombre' that I have, but haven't watched it yet, it's meant to be very good as well.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Bogball XV

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 01, 2010, 02:14:30 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 01, 2010, 10:12:32 AM
Yep, I've seen Lovely bones. Decent movie, won't change your life or anything. First and last thirds of the film are good, middle is fairly poor. Worth a watch though.

They weren't long putting together the john terry biopic to ride the hype...

i thought that 'world's greatest dad' was the Terry biopic?  He was voted Dad of the year in the UK last year after all.

Man Marker

AFS

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 30, 2010, 05:52:55 AM
Moon was a strange movie, watched it on the plane, tbh was quite boring and just about watchable IMO but each to there own. What was the point of it?

I thought Moon was excellent. A different and interesting sci-fi, much better than the by-the-numbers shite you get 90% of the time. Sam Rockwell is first class in it too. You could ask 'what is the point' of any movie.

ziggysego

Watched Epic Movie this evening. Christ it was bad. I used to like spoof movies. Are they getting worst, or am I just getting older?
Testing Accessibility

Schkite

Quote from: ziggysego on February 01, 2010, 09:24:52 PM
Watched Epic Movie this evening. Christ it was bad. I used to like spoof movies. Are they getting worst, or am I just getting older?

It's not just you, they're absolutely shite nowadays.

Capt Pat

I saw the new Mel Gibson movie "Edge of Darkness" tonight, its ok 7 out of 10. One of the key scenes would remind you of one of the main scenes in taxi driver. Some of the violent scenes are a bit harsh or dramatic, but what would you expect from the man who brought you the passion of the Christ, braveheart and apocolypto.

ballinaman

If Avatar wins best picture at the Oscars it'll be a joke. Really enjoyed the movie but it was more of a spectacle than a great movie. The plot was fairly sh1te, as was the dialogue. Not sure if a movie with no acting nominations deserves best picture to be honest. The Hurt Locker or The Blind Side are my two shouts for a deserving winner.

ziggysego

Quote from: ballinaman on February 02, 2010, 07:07:58 PM
If Avatar wins best picture at the Oscars it'll be a joke. Really enjoyed the movie but it was more of a spectacle than a great movie. The plot was fairly sh1te, as was the dialogue. Not sure if a movie with no acting nominations deserves best picture to be honest. The Hurt Locker or The Blind Side are my two shouts for a deserving winner.

I thought Avatar was fantastic, but I agree, not Oscar fantastic. I'd like to see Christoph Waltz win the Best Supporting Actor award for Inglorious Basterds.
Testing Accessibility