Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterShake

Quote from: ziggysego on January 22, 2010, 07:13:21 PM
Anyone see An Education? I've a wee thing for Carey Mulligan, so might go see it.

Yeah i saw it recently zig. Pretty good film but def a bit of a chick flick.

The acting from Carey Mulligan, Peter Sarsgaard and Alfred Molina is superb.
"Calmer than you are".

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 22, 2010, 07:06:15 PM
Up in the Air is very good. One of the best movies of the year, well ahead of most in its genre. Half rom com and half business movie, worth takingthe girlfreind or wife to if she wants to go to a  chick flick, suggest this one.

8 out of 10

The leading lady shows off her behind in it as a bonus.

All the boys at work were telling me about this show, and how good it is. However I felt it tilted more towards the chick genre than I thought it would. It's watchable, and not bad, but a strange one.

I'd agree that if the woman insists on watching a girly film, watch this one.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 22, 2010, 09:32:10 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 22, 2010, 07:06:15 PM
Up in the Air is very good. One of the best movies of the year, well ahead of most in its genre. Half rom com and half business movie, worth takingthe girlfreind or wife to if she wants to go to a  chick flick, suggest this one.

8 out of 10

The leading lady shows off her behind in it as a bonus.

All the boys at work were telling me about this show, and how good it is. However I felt it tilted more towards the chick genre than I thought it would. It's watchable, and not bad, but a strange one.

I'd agree that if the woman insists on watching a girly film, watch this one.

See aal them films wuf kissin and cutties all talkin bout feelings n' shite.......pure wile gay

>:(UG!!

ludermor

Anyone see An Education? I've a wee thing for Carey Mulligan, so might go see it.
i hope you dont take it out in the cinema!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ludermor on January 22, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
i hope you dont take it out in the cinema!
Master Shake has seen it recently.

leenie

was going to go to the pictures tonight but for some reason none of the cinemas near me are showing "up in the air".....

has anybody seen nine?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

5 Sams

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 21, 2010, 12:34:31 AM
Watch a DVD film called 'Sexy Beast.' It was mighty with Ben Kingsley and Ray Winston. Was made in 2000 tho I'd never heard of it. London gangsters.  Kingsley was incredible like you've never seen him.

... 'In `Sexy Beast,' Ben Kingsley delivers a bone-chilling performance as the man everyone loves to hate, a role for which he earned not only universal critical acclaim but a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination as well. Don Logan is so evil that even his fellow mobster buddies fear and hate him. From our very first glimpse of him high-strutting his way through an airport terminal, Kingsley hits just the right note for his character.'

Excellent film...

Watched Raging Bull AGAIN last night....awesome stuff...

Anyone else see The Ringer on Film 4 the other night with Johnny Knoxville....
very un PC but some very funny scenes :D
The Aristocrat Years

clarshack

just watched moon - pure rubbish! thats 90 mins i'm never getting back.

Capt Pat

"Moon" was great. I know that you may have been disappointed that it was actually about the moon and not "mooning".

clarshack

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 23, 2010, 11:23:06 PM
"Moon" was great. I know that you may have been disappointed that it was actually about the moon and not "mooning".

wtf was great about it? boring as hell.

ziggysego

Quote from: leenie on January 23, 2010, 07:11:40 PM

was going to go to the pictures tonight but for some reason none of the cinemas near me are showing "up in the air".....

has anybody seen nine?

I was going to go to the cinema tonight as well. Got as far as the car park and changed my mind. Rented a DVD instead. Stopped watching it 2/3rds of the way throught and decided to go to the late show at the cinema. Got to the car park and changed my mind again, so came home.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on January 24, 2010, 12:28:29 AM

has anybody seen nine?

I was going to go to the cinema tonight as well. Got as far as the car park and changed my mind. Rented a DVD instead. Stopped watching it 2/3rds of the way throught and decided to go to the late show at the cinema. Got to the car park and changed my mind again, so came home.

You'll get piles sitting on that fence ziggy....  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2010, 12:33:42 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 24, 2010, 12:28:29 AM

has anybody seen nine?

WTF? You went from Greencastle to Omagh (?) before deciding that you wanted to go home?
Were you the driver?
twice it seems
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

I never said I watched the DVD in Greencastle smartarse
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Can't I make my own decisions?
Testing Accessibility