Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 12, 2010, 10:53:04 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 12, 2010, 09:58:11 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 11, 2010, 11:43:09 PM
Cruel Intentions on Channel 4 now...

Possibly one of the greatest movies ever   ;D ;D

Is that the 'modern day' remake of Dangerous Liaisons?

Yea and no, they are both adaptations of the original Les Liaisons dangereuses

Yep, but that's a play, not a movie.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AFS

Quote from: ballinaman on January 12, 2010, 10:01:11 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 12, 2010, 09:37:52 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 11, 2010, 10:58:35 AM
Saw "The Road" last friday. Very good but not brilliant as the reviews have been making out i thought. Better than alot of movies it has to be said though.

Is it as grim as the book, the book is fanatastic but very distrubing almost frightening....
Ya, it's a pretty desolate depressing world alright, some of the shots in it  are great. Did justice to be book. Few really shocking scenes were cut from the movie.

That's a bit disappointing. In a morbid kind of way, I think those bits were important in the book to highlight just how desperate and depraved the world had become.

ballinaman

Quote from: AFS on January 12, 2010, 12:06:17 PM
Saw "The Road" last friday. Very good but not brilliant as the reviews have been making out i thought. Better than alot of movies it has to be said though.

Is it as grim as the book, the book is fanatastic but very distrubing almost frightening....
Ya, it's a pretty desolate depressing world alright, some of the shots in it  are great. Did justice to be book. Few really shocking scenes were cut from the movie.

That's a bit disappointing. In a morbid kind of way, I think those bits were important in the book to highlight just how desperate and depraved the world had become.
There are plenty left in it that show how bad it had become, one or two really standout ones from what I can remember,the scenes cut involved babies....

boojangles

Class-f**king love that movie.
''Catherine the only thing your gonna be riding is me''
Superb film complimented by a brilliant soundtrack.

Celt_Man

Quote from: ballinaman on January 12, 2010, 01:02:25 PM

There are plenty left in it that show how bad it had become, one or two really standout ones from what I can remember,the scenes cut involved babies....

What do you recommend doing - reading the book or watch the movie first??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on January 12, 2010, 02:11:58 PM

Class-f**king love that movie.
''Catherine the only thing your gonna be riding is me''
Superb film complimented by a brilliant soundtrack.

Soundtrack??  There was music in it??  Must have missed that, easily done with the "visual" talent on display
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Homer

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 12, 2010, 02:14:57 PM

Definitely the book.

ballinaman

Quote from: Homer on January 12, 2010, 02:21:39 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 12, 2010, 02:14:57 PM

Definitely the book.
Ya, the book, it's not vital but good to if ya have the chance, book is very good but a little overated imo

nrico2006

Only watched slumdog about six months ago, brilliant film and looking forward to watching it again myself. Just after watching all the pretty horses for the first time in years, great film
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 12, 2010, 10:12:33 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 11, 2010, 11:54:15 PM
Watched a good few films over the weekend.

Invictus - 9/10
Precious - 8/10
Brothers - 8/10
Armored - 6/10
Rudy - 8/10

Have a good few lined up to watch this week - The Hurt Locker, District 9, Up In The Air as well as whatever else I can download.

You must be single with no weins if you've time to watch 5 films over the weekend! If I see one film a week I am doing well!!  :D

Was stranded in Belfast over the weekend due to the weather. And with no football on what else was I to do?

tyrone girl

Forgot about slumdog millionaire being on just started watchin 5 mins ago - hate not seeing a show from the start - is it too late to get into it??

pintsofguinness

I wouldnt think so tg, I seen it from the start though and thought it was dung.

Watched hurt locker last night, that's a decent film!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyrone girl

Im thinking i may think its dung as well - hoping to be proved wrong though just dyin to see it to see what all the fuss is about

Minder

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 13, 2010, 09:26:38 PM
Forgot about slumdog millionaire being on just started watchin 5 mins ago - hate not seeing a show from the start - is it too late to get into it??

Watch it on Channel 4 +1, starts at 10pm. Sky channel 135.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyrone girl

Was gonna do that but then me ma will be yapping cos she cant get watching sky then if i turn it to that. Typical - im way down the list when it comes to choice of tv in this house :-\