Possibly one of the greatest movies ever   ;D ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 11, 2010, 11:43:09 PM
Cruel Intentions on Channel 4 now...

I wonder why?

Archie Mitchell

Watched a good few films over the weekend.

Invictus - 9/10
Precious - 8/10
Brothers - 8/10
Armored - 6/10
Rudy - 8/10

Have a good few lined up to watch this week - The Hurt Locker, District 9, Up In The Air as well as whatever else I can download.

fitzroyalty

whats a good site for watching films? preferably not to download

screenexile

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 12, 2010, 12:04:20 AM
whats a good site for watching films? preferably not to download

http://www.ninjavideo.net/movies

CHeck the front page though you may need an earlier version of Divx for the videos to run right and you always need to have the "Ninjavideo Helper" running when you want to watch something.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ballinaman on January 11, 2010, 10:58:35 AM
Saw "The Road" last friday. Very good but not brilliant as the reviews have been making out i thought. Better than alot of movies it has to be said though.

Is it as grim as the book, the book is fanatastic but very distrubing almost frightening....
#newbridgeornowhere

blewuporstuffed

thought the book was fantastic as well and sort of dont want to go to see the film for that reason. have a feeling it may be a let down.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Billys Boots

Is that the 'modern day' remake of Dangerous Liaisons?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 12, 2010, 09:37:52 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 11, 2010, 10:58:35 AM
Saw "The Road" last friday. Very good but not brilliant as the reviews have been making out i thought. Better than alot of movies it has to be said though.

Is it as grim as the book, the book is fanatastic but very distrubing almost frightening....
Ya, it's a pretty desolate depressing world alright, some of the shots in it  are great. Did justice to be book. Few really shocking scenes were cut from the movie.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 11, 2010, 11:54:15 PM
Watched a good few films over the weekend.

Invictus - 9/10
Precious - 8/10
Brothers - 8/10
Armored - 6/10
Rudy - 8/10

Have a good few lined up to watch this week - The Hurt Locker, District 9, Up In The Air as well as whatever else I can download.

You must be single with no weins if you've time to watch 5 films over the weekend! If I see one film a week I am doing well!!  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Homer

For me The Road was always the type of book that could never be matched on the big screen. Went along to see it the other night and to be fair they didn't butcher it and I enjoyed it.

The adaptation covers most of the major scenes, leaving out some of the most haunting bits and also misses out on a lot of the character building between the man and son. It's very bleak and moving, although I think neither are felt to the same levels that are generated by the book. I thought they did a great job visually of capturing the desolation of the world. If I had one qualm, I felt that it was never dark enough.

The Road (film) 7.5/10
The Road (book) 9/10

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Homer on January 12, 2010, 10:26:55 AM
For me The Road was always the type of book that could never be matched on the big screen. Went along to see it the other night and to be fair they didn't butcher it and I enjoyed it.

The adaptation covers most of the major scenes, leaving out some of the most haunting bits and also misses out on a lot of the character building between the man and son. It's very bleak and moving, although I think neither are felt to the same levels that are generated by the book. I thought they did a great job visually of capturing the desolation of the world. If I had one qualm, I felt that it was never dark enough.

The Road (film) 7.5/10
The Road (book) 9/10
maybe i will go and see it then, was afraid of them butchering what is one of my favourite books.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Canalman

Looking forward to seeing Slumdog Millionaire for the first time on Ch 4 tomorrow night.

Hurt Locker, while good wasn't imo the "best war film ever" I was led to believe it was.Still a very good character led flick.

For those of a certain vintage Teen Wolf is on on Thursday night on Paramout (I think). Enjoyable romp of a movie.

Rawhide

Watched 'To Kill a Mocking Bird' last night. Starring Gregory Peck and made in 1962. It is also the most beloved and widely read Pulitzer Prize Winner. This is a movie that my ma recommended to me to watch many times, so I finally got around to buying the DVD. This is a cracker of a movie that won 3 Oscars.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Celt_Man

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 12, 2010, 09:58:11 AM

Is that the 'modern day' remake of Dangerous Liaisons?

Yea and no, they are both adaptations of the original Les Liaisons dangereuses
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010