Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Whitehair

Watched the film "Orphan" the other nite, worth a watch!

theskull1

Didn't Iris Robinson highly rate the butcher boy?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ziggysego

As part of the iTunes 12 Days of Christmas free downloads, I got Lesbian Vampire Killers. I had heard terrible things about it, but watched it the other night as I couldn't sleep. Got to admit, to my surprise, it was even worst than I was expecting. Not one laugh in it at all. More of a film for the Nuts, Loaded magazines kind of people.

I'd avoid it if I was you.
Testing Accessibility

Shazam

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 05:45:06 PM
Quote from: leenie on January 10, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 05:39:26 PM
Quote from: leenie on January 10, 2010, 05:31:43 PM

going to the cinema tonight.....

its between sherlock holmes or it's complicated!

what would you choose?
sherlock holmes is decent

i want to see it but the girls love chick flicks... is there any love stories in it, apart from bromance between downey and law... have to try and persuade them...
Romance? No.
I look down my nose at you.

There is a mini romance between RDJr and Rachel McAdam... Saw it there today, thought it was a decent show, kept me interested the whole time. Mark Strong is great in whatever he does.
Shazam Bang

Mario

Seen a few films in the last week or so, the bad weather has left me with nothing else to do.

Sherlock Holmes - 7/10, enjoyable watch loved the way Sherlock was able to figure out what was happening with a few simple clues, also liked the fight scenes when he told you what he was going to do in slow motion then did it at full speed. Good story, interesting ending seeing how it all came together.

The Road - 8/10, A sad film and very hard to watch at times, a few scenes were painful to watch. The brutality of the human race when left without food was shocking, but you can imagine something like that happening if that situation arose.

My Sisters Keeper - 7.5/10 Girlfriend made me watch this for making her sit through so many 'boy films' she reckoned that this will be the film that makes me cry. Although i stayed strong i could feel myself getting emotional at times. Would definitely recommend it, its not a soppy film, but looks at the dilemas a family faces with their little girl dying from cancer.

Hurt Locker - 8/10 I love most war films and this one didn't disappoint, its about a bomb disposal unit in baghdad. And goes through the life and death situation everytime they are called out. Makes Baghdad look like absolute hell, which it probably is!

District 9 and Body of Lies to watch this week!

leenie

ended up seeing "its complicated" and its "over rated"..................(gave in to peer presure)

kinda off putting seeing alec/meryl/steve flirting and curting etc.....

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ballinaman

Saw "The Road" last friday. Very good but not brilliant as the reviews have been making out i thought. Better than alot of movies it has to be said though.

Dakota

Finally watched Slumdog Millionaire over the weekend I thought it was very good

county colours

Went to c the 3D version of Avatar last night. Very good film, worth going to see.... make sure u c it 3D tho

maggie

Lads- don't let your better half make you go and watch It's Complicated.

boojangles

Seen District 9 at the weekend-When I heard Peter Jackson was involved I expected great things,I'm not into Alien movies or anything like that but I found this enjoyable enough with a good basic story.Apart from the Aliens in general,some parts are quite confusing and not explained well but it is worth a watch. Some parts may be hard on the stomach though.

Puckoon

I recommend NOT watching burn after reading.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Puckoon on January 11, 2010, 05:32:57 PM

while its not a great film its not bad either.  I enjoyed it for the most part.

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 11, 2010, 05:32:57 PM

Aye I was disappointed with it, which I am sure will hurt ratings.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"