Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR E

Has anyone seen did you hear about the Morgans? I might head and see it this week if it is any use. If not will probably go see Sherlock Holmes!

Celt_Man

Quote from: MR E on January 04, 2010, 10:54:18 PM
Has anyone seen did you hear about the Morgans? I might head and see it this week if it is any use. If not will probably go see Sherlock Holmes!

Not meant to be great, RTÉ.ie gave it one star and it said the flick was lucky to get it too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Archie Mitchell

Just after watching Invictus. Great film. Great performance from Morgan Freeman. The rugby action was a bit crude, but will let that slide. This film is a must see. Best film I have seen in a while.

Capt Pat

I saw Daybreakers twice over the last 2 days, this is where vampires have taken over the wolrd and hunt down humans to farm their blood. An unusual point of view to take for a vampire movie but it works well. Not strictly speaking a horror fllm more of a fantasy/horror/comic book type film.

7 out of 10 fro me, 8.5 out of 10 on imdb.

thebigfella

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 07, 2010, 11:39:49 PM
I saw Daybreakers twice over the last 2 days, this is where vampires have taken over the wolrd and hunt down humans to farm their blood. An unusual point of view to take for a vampire movie but it works well. Not strictly speaking a horror fllm more of a fantasy/horror/comic book type film.

7 out of 10 fro me, 8.5 out of 10 on imdb.

I am f**king sick of Vampires, seems to be the in thing at the moment  >:(

Capt Pat

Went to see "The Road" today, and what a delightful romp it was, sunshine and lollipops all the way. No seriously bring along the anti depressants when you go to this one. It is the end of the world where nothing grows, all the animals are dead, and anarchy reigns, but if you can handle the darkness you will like this movie, very good, 8 out of 10.

AFS

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 08, 2010, 05:29:31 PM
Went to see "The Road" today, and what a delightful romp it was, sunshine and lollipops all the way. No seriously bring along the anti depressants when you go to this one. It is the end of the world where nothing grows, all the animals are dead, and anarchy reigns, but if you can handle the darkness you will like this movie, very good, 8 out of 10.

Do you go to the cinema every day?

Galwaybhoy

I watched District 9 the other day.  The first half was good and it had so much potential, I loved the documentary style method of shooting the early parts of the film.  The way it showed how the aliens were treated and how they lived in the slums, some of them had integrated with the humans while some were hiding weapons and were fighting back against the humans for the way they were being treated.  I thought the storyline was very deep and I loved that, the fact it was set in South Africa there were similarities to the apartheid history of the country as some could say the aliens were oppressed and at times I really didn't know whos side I was on, The humans or the aliens.

But then the second half of the film was a complete letdown, with a very annoying lead and it turned into a film that was basically similar to any hollywood action movie.  It was a shame for a film that had so much potential.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Puckoon on January 04, 2010, 05:48:00 PM
Watched Road to Perdition a few days back - fantastic movie.

I love this film.  I think its one of the films of the decade and does not get the praise it deserves.  Quality film and Tom Hanks is brilliant in it.

Capt Pat

I don't go every day, most days.

"The Road"/to Perdition" are similar movies now that we are talking about them on the same page. Perdition is one of Hanks best movies if not the best, better than a lot of the stuff he won oscars for.

leenie

going to the cinema tonight.....

its between sherlock holmes or it's complicated!

what would you choose?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: leenie on January 10, 2010, 05:31:43 PM

what would you choose?
sherlock holmes is decent
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

leenie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 05:39:26 PM

what would you choose?

i want to see it but the girls love chick flicks... is there any love stories in it, apart from bromance between downey and law... have to try and persuade them...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: leenie on January 10, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 10, 2010, 05:39:26 PM

what would you choose?

i want to see it but the girls love chick flicks... is there any love stories in it, apart from bromance between downey and law... have to try and persuade them...
Romance? No.
I look down my nose at you.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

leenie

why...

i don't want romance... i want to see sherlock however the dudes i am going to the cinema with, love chick flicks so i am going to have to do some persuading to try and get them to watch it instead of it's complicated....

i regard myself of having a great taste in films pog!  8)