Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Schkite on December 23, 2009, 04:07:25 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on December 22, 2009, 11:39:54 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on December 22, 2009, 10:50:22 PM
You have to see it all and I would say that Travolota is the real star although Jackson got the better lines.

I thought it was a bit long and my favouriite character is Bruce Willis'.

Zeds dead

Thought Travolota was first class in it... kicked his career back into gear...

Did I hear once, that Travolota's character and Michael Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs (the sicko with the cop's ear with Stealer's Wheel in the background) were might to be brothers and that a movie about them was being touted....

Yeah think he had something like that planned, called "The Vega Brothers" or something along those lines after RD and PF, but said a while ago it was very unlikely now due to a few factors like their ages etc.
They could just be brothers that are 15 or so years older!

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Zapatista on December 22, 2009, 11:51:59 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on December 22, 2009, 10:50:22 PM
You have to see it all and I would say that Travolota is the real star although Jackson got the better lines.

I thought it was a bit long and my favouriite character is Bruce Willis'.

Zeds dead

Never liked S L Jackson in any movie.
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!"
;D
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

longrunsthefox

I see Brokeback Mountain is on tonight. Is it worth watching? I know it is about two gay boys and the Fox is 110% hetro with not a feminine chromosome whatsoever. What you would call a man's man in the traditional back slapping, spitting and chewing tabacco sense, but I am fairly open minded on these things... about 6 out of 10 on the homophobe scale which is very tolerant around these parts. So, is it a good movie? 

Celt_Man

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 28, 2009, 06:51:12 PM
I see Brokeback Mountain is on tonight. Is it worth watching? I know it is about two gay boys and the Fox is 110% hetro with not a feminine chromosome whatsoever. What you would call a man's man in the traditional back slapping, spitting and chewing tabacco sense, but I am fairly open minded on these things... about 6 out of 10 on the homophobe scale which is very tolerant around these parts. So, is it a good movie?

Not gonna risk it....  Watching "Day of the Triffids" on BBC 1 - not a movie but one of those mini-series/tv movie yokes
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

AFS

Watched Sherlock Holmes. It's quite good.

Puckoon

Quote from: AFS on December 28, 2009, 10:08:33 PM
Watched Sherlock Holmes. It's quite good.

Planning on going to see that tonight or tomorrow - want to elaborate on the goodness?

Quite good sounds like something Id say about my great aunts barley soup.

wallyman

Seen that avatar at the weekend, very good viewing.

AFS

I like Robert Downey and he's in decent form. Not a brilliant movie but a good way to spend a couple of hours. Some laughs, some thrills, but a few shit bits too. Apparently, people who've read the books are less likely to rate it. I've not read the books.

A film critic career beckons.

INDIANA

Thought avatar was crap quite frankly. It does well in the current generation's obsession for high visual graphics. But if you like films with good plots and storylines this is quite frankly pure unadulterated rubbish.

Bogball XV

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 28, 2009, 06:51:12 PM
it was better than i thought it would be, verdict - worth watching.

What's the story with that day of the triffids, any good?  will it be repeated shortly?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on December 28, 2009, 10:20:08 PM
I like Robert Downey and he's in decent form. Not a brilliant movie but a good way to spend a couple of hours. Some laughs, some thrills, but a few shit bits too. Apparently, people who've read the books are less likely to rate it. I've not read the books.

A film critic career beckons.
Love the books and the old 80s version with Jeremy Brett. Not a fan of Guy Ritchie flicks so it doesn't bode well, however I have read a couple of half decent reviews. One for DVD.

Day of the Triffids looked like the greatest lot of shite. Read the books donkeys years ago and didn't rate it either. A good dose of Round Up would have fixed the hoors.

gerry

just watched Law Abiding Citizen, good show from start to finish.

torrent
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

GalwayBayBoy

Saw Avatar in 3D today. Must say I went expecting it to be terrible as I didn't like the trailers at all but I actually ended up enjoying it. The story is nothing that you haven't seen before but it is quite amazing to look at for large parts and it was certainly entertaining despite some corny dialogue. 3D itself was fantastic and the colours weren't washed out as you get in most 3D films.

playwiththewind1st

Saw Sherlock Holmes yesterday - bit like watching a fight for 2 hours or so.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Bogball XV on December 28, 2009, 11:12:13 PM

it was better than i thought it would be, verdict - worth watching.

What's the story with that day of the triffids, any good?  will it be repeated shortly?

Ahh I thought it was decent enough, keep me entertained for the 90 mins and I'll watch the concluding part tonight...   I reckon it'll be available on BBC iPlayer
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010