Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

Seen Avatar on Wednesday night-thought it was brilliant and had some great action sequences-i'd imagine it would be unbelievable in 3d!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

trileacman

Quote from: screenmachine on December 18, 2009, 03:18:20 PM
Seen Avatar on Wednesday night-thought it was brilliant and had some great action sequences-i'd imagine it would be unbelievable in 3d!

Is it not seriously long??
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Puckoon

Ive heard reports that the imax 3D viewing of this is just immense.

Im not sold on the movie, but I think ill have to watch it.

Just rewatched body of lies yesterday - cracking movie.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 16, 2009, 09:42:58 AM
Watched Pans Labyrinth the other night, quite dark, but thoroughly engrossing, the character of the "Captain" is one of the most distasteful movie characters I've seen portrayed in a long time! Well worth a watch (if you can handle subtitles).

yes, agreed a very good show. was very dark.

subtitles are grand. any fool who doesn't watch films cause of subtitles is missing out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AFS

Quote from: Puckoon on December 18, 2009, 05:35:48 PM

A women on the wireless yesterday said she'd watched it in both 2D and 3D and preferred 2D. Says the screen loses a lot (30-50%) of it's brightness in 3D, which is a particular problem for a movie like Avatar which relies on it's visuals so much.

Capt Pat

I saw Avatar today. Too long in my opinion, it is a fine film but I had to take 40 winks during it, which is a sign that the movie didn't really work for me. I would say 7 out of 10 for being impressive in some ways. I do not get this 3D thing, it really isn't necessasy and won't add to movies in any way.

Body of Lies got mentioned again a few posts back and I would recomend it highly for people who haven't seen it, very enjoyable.

leenie

going to watch frost/ nixon later... hope its good..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Minder

Looking forward to this one. Stew is playing Elin Woods

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

leenie

Quote from: leenie on December 19, 2009, 08:53:54 PM
going to watch frost/ nixon later... hope its good..

thought it was very good... however i wish i had a better knowledge of nixon but it is on all week on sky premiere, so i will do some reading and watch it again...

thought frank capella was excellent as Nixon...

and i wouldn't be surprised if Michael sheen wins an Oscar soon.. as long as he steers clear of big Hollywood budget films.... (though he is signed up for the next 2 twilight films)

SLIGONIAN

Seen Avatar yday, thought it was fantastic. Please ignore other people and see it for yourself. See it 3d, that bit about brightness is rubbish. 3D makes you feel a part of pandora. 3 of us went to see it, none of us spoke for 160mins. Just in awe. The story the acting and special effects were immense. Some bits took my breath away. I went in with high expectations and wasnt disappointed. 10/10. Honestly didnt think a minute was wasted, one of the guys said he looked at his watch and was disappointed only 30mins was left.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

AFS

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 20, 2009, 11:34:41 AM
See it 3d, that bit about brightness is rubbish.

Well, its not really rubbish. Its a problem that studios have openly recognised and are working on remedying. Some cinemas have newer, improved projectors than others, which minimizes the effects. Glad you enjoyed it anyway :)

Puckoon

Went to see Avatar last night in 3D - thought the movie was good. Worth watching, if a little patched together from other movies - Theres a bit of starwars, and brave heart in there - all be it with brighter colours.

ballinaman

Quote from: Puckoon on December 21, 2009, 06:46:47 PM

Went to see Avatar last night in 3D - thought the movie was good. Worth watching, if a little patched together from other movies - Theres a bit of starwars, and brave heart in there - all be it with brighter colours.

See it myself in 3D yesterday....cross between effiel 65 i'm blue and apocalypto came to mind!! Great show though, well worth a look!

Celt_Man

For any man up late.... one of the modern classics on TG4 anios...  Pulp Fiction....

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

leenie

or woman celt man....

i'm watching it....