Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 08, 2009, 12:26:13 AM
Zombie Land is brilliant. 9.5 out of 10 imho. Just go and see it as soon as you can. Comedy horror at its best.

To me comedy horror never works.  I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

I saw The Soloist Sunday night, thought it was very good.

Captain Scarlet

Went to see Fish Tank. not very uplifting to say the least but well worth a look. fassbender is very good in it.
Some very uncomfortable scenes and the sadv thing is there are throusands of young ones like the central character over here and in England. awful existence floating through life.
if anyone liked this is england they'd like this too, very real.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 08, 2009, 10:14:20 AM
Zombie Land is brilliant. 9.5 out of 10 imho. Just go and see it as soon as you can. Comedy horror at its best.

Nah, why bother you probably wouldn't like it. It only has an 8.5 rating  on imdb and what do they know. There must be a lot of fans of comedy horror flicks out there boosting up those ratings.

Norf Tyrone

I saw The Soloist Sunday night, thought it was very good.

Seen The Soloist too. Thought it was very slow, and saved only by Jamie Foxx's acting. 5.5 out of 10.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

long sleves

Watched Observe and Report last night starring Seth Rogan. Not at all like I expected. Sort of a weird film. Anyone else here seen it?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 09, 2009, 02:58:26 AM

Nah, why bother you probably wouldn't like it. It only has an 8.5 rating  on imdb and what do they know. There must be a lot of fans of comedy horror flicks out there boosting up those ratings.

The Darknight was rated in the top 5 of the IMDB ratings when it came out, it shouldn't be in the top 100.  I wouldn't go by ratings the whole time.  Anyway I could give somebody a CD of some top classical music, if they don't like that sort of music then it doesn't matter how gifted the musician is they just wont like it.  I love horror films, though there hasn't been more then 5 good ones made this decade.  I can either take or leave comedy films, I'm not a big Fan of the genre, but I don't really like comedy horror so it really wouldn't matter if it won 10 Oscars I still wouldn't be very interested in it.

Capt Pat

Quote from: long sleves on October 09, 2009, 08:55:57 AM
Watched Observe and Report last night starring Seth Rogan. Not at all like I expected. Sort of a weird film. Anyone else here seen it?

I suppose it is more of a movie about depression and mental illness built into a comedy. I wasn't expecting that when i went to see it.

Billys Boots

QuoteIf you have never seen it, I would recommend downloading some Curb Your Enthusiam, from series one and give it time to get to know the characters, one of my favourite shows.

Series 7 of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' starts on More4 on Thurs at 10.55 - unmissable, funniest show on TV.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Sorority Row is good if you want to see a load of hotties run around in their sexy pjs.

Bruce Willis & Demi Moores daughter.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

vav

Has anyone seen the animated film Up in 3D yet? If so is it any good? Am thinking of going to see it tonight but don't wanna if its shite!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: vav on October 14, 2009, 04:37:29 PM
Has anyone seen the animated film Up in 3D yet? If so is it any good? Am thinking of going to see it tonight but don't wanna if its shite!

Seen out here a while ago on dvd not 3d, I enjoyed it though. 8.5/10. Funny and a good story.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

longrunsthefox

I took my wee-uns to see it. It is very good... wasn't the 3D we were at tho. Check out the opening part!.. will bring out the sentimental side of you- if you have one! Worth going to... 

AbbeySider

Watched "UP" at the weekend.

I liked it, highly recommended....

vav

aww brill thnx for the reviews, am looking forward to seeing it now :)

Stall the Bailer

I saw it in 3D as well. Very good. One for all ages
Also the short film before it was very good. Cloudy i think you call it.