Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Watched Kandahar on Prime last night. Standard Gerard Butler fare - not terrible and not great.

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 07, 2023, 06:55:16 PM
Watched Kandahar on Prime last night. Standard Gerard Butler fare - not terrible and not great.

Decent watch

LC

Agree, watched The Covenant the other week with Jack Gyllenhaal, not bad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LC on August 07, 2023, 08:27:08 PM

Agree, watched The Covenant the other week with Jack Gyllenhaal, not bad.

Very good the Covenant also another Afghan war film were lads are caught in a minefield, true story! Who'd be a soldier!!!?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Seen the new mission impossible over the weekend. Didn't think it would ever end

RedHand88

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 07, 2023, 08:48:32 PM
Seen the new mission impossible over the weekend. Didn't think it would ever end

Don't forget it's only part 1!!  ;D ;D ;D
Part 2 out next year.

Eamonnca1

There was a free movie in the park event near us at the weekend. They showed Back to the Future. I haven't seen it in forever and I had forgot most of it, so it was like seeing it for the first time. Holds up very well today. Fantastic film, well worth a revisit. Myself and herself have agreed we need to watch the trilogy again. I remember seeing part 2, but not part 3. Looks forward to getting caught up.

theticklemister

Watched 'The Weekend AWay' on Netflix. Really enjoyed. Some good twists.

mrdeeds

Maybe recommended before but The Founder is on Netflix. A brilliant movie based on creation of McDonald's.

JPGJOHNNYG

Just watched neverending story on iplayer. Saw it as a kid and loved it so thought I would give it a go nearly 40 yrs later. I can honestly say it is utter shite. No idea how it has a rating of 84% on rotten tomatoes

quit yo jibbajabba

One of the few films I saw in the cinema as a bairn back in the day Jonny. Always intended to revisit. Maybe won't bother lolol

JPGJOHNNYG

Don't. Even the catchy limahl tune they just cut off mid flow when the credits end  :o

quit yo jibbajabba

JPGJOHNNYG

An Watcher

Tbh I thought it was sh1te back in the day.  Maybe I'll enjoy it now