Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Oppenheimer is fantastic, brilliant performances from Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. can't say I noticed the 3 hours run time.

screenexile

Oppenheimer is a serious piece of work. Probably too long but other than that I thought it was exceptional. A really interesting story, great performances, stunning visuals and sounds throughout the film as well.

Also it wasn't too complicated like some of Nolan's other films like Tenet or Inception which was a plus.

I'm not sure it would be for everyone's taste but I thought it was class and anybody will do well to stop Murphy getting the Oscar for this he was outstanding.

J70

Took my son to the new Spider-verse film. I thought it was very good. Looking forward to the continuation next year.

My wife took our daughter to the Barbie film at the same time.

Cinema was showing it on four screens. Place was packed out, pink everywhere. Looks like it is going to be huge! Wife said it was very good.

tbrick18

Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2023, 10:31:47 AM
Took my son to the new Spider-verse film. I thought it was very good. Looking forward to the continuation next year.

Cinema was showing it on four screens. Place was packed out, pink everywhere. Looks like it is going to be huge! Wife said it was very good.

Yeah yeah  ;D ;)

J70

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 24, 2023, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2023, 10:31:47 AM

Yeah yeah  ;D ;)

:D

I actually would have gone to Barbie (it's supposed to be a lot of fun), but the lad was mad to see Spider-verse.

So I'll just have to wait until it hits streaming. :P

Seen Oppenheimer at the weekend, an absolute masterclass in filmmaking. Also seen mission impossible, very good blockbuster. First time in years I've been able to go see two actually good movies in the cinema in the one weekend.

Quote from: 03,05,08 on July 24, 2023, 01:19:37 PM
Seen Oppenheimer at the weekend, an absolute masterclass in filmmaking. Also seen mission impossible, very good blockbuster. First time in years I've been able to go see two actually good movies in the cinema in the one weekend.

Might even chance barbie this weekend

Walter Cronc

The deepest breath on Netflix. Superb!

bannside

JimStynes

I thought Oppenheimer was decent but too long. Wouldn't be saying the it's one of the best films I've ever seen. Cillian Murphy was superb though.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2023, 10:28:57 PM

I thought Oppenheimer was decent but too long. Wouldn't be saying the it's one of the best films I've ever seen. Cillian Murphy was superb though.
I've been in movies half as long that felt 3 hrs. Didn't look at the time once. Brilliant show - Robert Downey Jr. was great but a very strong cast throughout.

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 24, 2023, 03:53:31 PM
The deepest breath on Netflix. Superb!

It's a tough watch. Class though great shout Walt!

mrdeeds

BrotherMore6592

Oppenheimer was ok, worth watching. Overrated just cos we've had feck all big films out in ages. Very politically heavy at the beginning

Barbie was more fun and had a few interesting undertones and messages behind all the glam

tbrick18

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on July 30, 2023, 11:16:33 PM
Oppenheimer was ok, worth watching. Overrated just cos we've had feck all big films out in ages. Very politically heavy at the beginning

Barbie was more fun and had a few interesting undertones and messages behind all the glam

Agree on Oppenheimer.

I'll take your word on Barbie, don't think it's my cup of tea