Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Watched me time on Netflix last night. Kevin harte and Mark whalberg. Brutal. 2/10

Milltown Row2

All quiet on the western front....

War is brutal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2022, 11:01:33 AM

War is brutal

That the one from the German side? Had it on my shortlist but have to watch when missus is out, she doesn't like them movies

Throw It Up Ref

What he's Get Out last night. I know it's been around a while but superb film. Billed as Horror / Thriller it was definitely more of a thriller. Finely recommended

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on October 30, 2022, 12:21:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2022, 11:01:33 AM

War is brutal

That the one from the German side? Had it on my shortlist but have to watch when missus is out, she doesn't like them movies

Yes, watch it in German and English subtitles, brutal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Anyone see Banshees of Inisherin yet?  Any thoughts? While the acting and backdrop were fantastic I struggled a bit with the overall storyline.  Was really looking forward to it too.  Maybe I had hyped it up a bit in my own head

nrico2006

Quote from: An Watcher on November 06, 2022, 09:58:12 PM
Anyone see Banshees of Inisherin yet?  Any thoughts? While the acting and backdrop were fantastic I struggled a bit with the overall storyline.  Was really looking forward to it too.  Maybe I had hyped it up a bit in my own head

Irish film filmed in Ireland, course how good it is will be over exaggerated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

The Good Nurse on Netflix. Eddie Redmayne is pretty good in it. I had heard that it was about a serial killer before I started watching it. I started to doubt myself up until about half way through. A horrible story. Makes you think about the trust we put in other people's hands. 

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2022, 10:35:22 PM

It's getting rave reviews in the US.

Looking forward to it myself.

nrico2006

Quote from: J70 on November 07, 2022, 05:44:23 PM

Exactly, film a horse in a field in Ireland and fire in a few accents and it'll be praised to the heavens in America.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 07, 2022, 06:13:35 PM

Exactly, film a horse in a field in Ireland and fire in a few accents and it'll be praised to the heavens in America.

Kermode and all the English papers I seen raved about it.

It's a 6/10 for me, thought it was grand and no more

An Watcher

Glad to hear someone had the same view as me.  Thought I was becoming a very harsh critic there!!

Tony Baloney

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2022, 06:23:19 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 07, 2022, 06:13:35 PM

Kermode and all the English papers I seen raved about it.

It's a 6/10 for me, thought it was grand and no more

Kermode gave Flateleys film some touch a couple months back. Dont have a link or even the name of the film lol but the odd clip they showed id be inclined to agree. Directed and starring the great man himself 😃