Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Watched Parasite there and really liked it. Would highly recommend lots of laughs craziness and fairly deep issues in it as well. As good a film as I've seen in a long time!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2020, 11:30:32 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 04, 2020, 07:46:31 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on December 04, 2020, 02:29:58 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 04, 2020, 10:41:38 AM
Dunno if this should fall in with Movies or not but I watched the musical show Hamilton on Disney+ last week.  I didn't know a single thing about it before I sat down to watch it, but I was blown away.  I thought it a fantastic show.

+1

The guy who starred in and wrote the script, music and lyrics for the show, Lin-Manuel Miranda has won a Pulitzer Prize, three Tony Awards, three Grammys, an Emmy, and two Olivier Awards and has been nominated for an Academy Award.

My wee girl is a Hamilton nut so I took her to see it in London in Feb. I didn't go in.

I eventually was persuaded to watch the Disney Plus version. It was superb. The detail, the songs, the choreography. I can't get my head around how they made it work but they did.

Side note: The Hercules Mulligan in it is from Coleraine. Not the actor. Thee person.
Fool! We had tickets for it in July which obviously got binned. We watched it on Disney too and it was first class. I'll be back!

You'll be back, soon you'll see
You'll remember you belong to me
You'll be back, time will tell
You'll remember that I served you well
Oceans rise, empires fall
We have seen each other through it all
And when push comes to shove
I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

Hamilton is the absolute peak of 21st century artistic achievement. The Disney+ version is astoundingly good, and it's not a patch on the stage show. Best play/show/concert I've ever been to and it's not even close.

ziggy90

Quote from: JimStynes on January 16, 2017, 04:16:07 PM
Free state of Jones. Quite a good show and based on a true story.
On the BBC IPlayer now for a few days.
As you say "Quite a good show". I found the "true story" extraordinary. It's never once crossed my mind that there were people like that in the Confederacy.
Well worth a watch.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Newbridge Exile

The untouchables on now on BBC 2 great film with a fabulous soundtrack. (I think it was the first 15 film I saw at the cinema )

ONeill

Finding Jack Charlton is brilliant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on December 12, 2020, 11:04:10 PM
The untouchables on now on BBC 2 great film with a fabulous soundtrack. (I think it was the first 15 film I saw at the cinema )

Malone by he Irish cop with thick Scottish accent.

Watching it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Absolute classic, if anyone hasn't seen this, please sit down and do so. Brilliant

An Watcher

Drunk watching it, never stop fighting til the fight is won, your friend died like a stock irish pig, class

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JimStynes on March 04, 2019, 06:21:11 AM
Quote from: straightred on March 03, 2019, 11:40:21 PM
Green book is excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Agreed. Great show

Couple of years late on this , watched it there last night, really enjoyed it

RedHand88

Prisoners on Netflix. Its nearly 2 and a half hours but it's really worth it. Fantastic show with great twists.

Jell 0 Biafra

Prisoners is a great movie.   And unlike many "twisty" movies (e.g., "Gone Girl"), it doesn't depend solely on the twists. The story is great, and it's really well acted.

Rudi

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 29, 2020, 12:54:44 AM
Prisoners on Netflix. Its nearly 2 and a half hours but it's really worth it. Fantastic show with great twists.

Watched this the other night, excellent.

Everest is worth a watch too.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 29, 2020, 02:13:07 AM
Prisoners is a great movie.   And unlike many "twisty" movies (e.g., "Gone Girl"), it doesn't depend solely on the twists. The story is great, and it's really well acted.

+1 A great show.
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Been binging on 70's thrillers over Xmas

Mainly thrillers, watched Parallax view with Warren Beatty, haven't seen it in years!!

I'm not a fan of remakes but there are so many decent 70's thrillers which could be remade for today.

Trying to get my kids to watch a film that's older than 15/20 years is impossible!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea