Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: Canalman on February 13, 2017, 09:19:29 AM
Seen T2 at the weekend. Ok as a film in itself, much better because it is  an add on to the original if that makes sense. Glad I went to see it .
Perfectly summarised.

I can't imagine anyone that didn't see the original back in the day will enjoy the new one that much.

Unashamedly nostalgic which I, for once, loved.

Longshanks

Watched Hacksaw Ridge at the weekend, thought it was great and stuck very closely to the true story which makes it all the more amazing. the war scenes are among the best I have seen since saving private ryan if not better.
Personally think Mel Gibson should get oscar for best director for it, no fan of la la land.

Always think true sign of a great film is one you would watch again and also would it be as good in 15-20 years and la la land doesn't do it for me in either.

Capt Pat

Quote from: leenie on February 13, 2017, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on February 13, 2017, 10:01:10 AM
Fences. I personally thought it was very good with some cracking performances.  The wife on the other hand, hated it... so there ya go.

It's been my favorite so far regarding award season films, thought Denzil was outstanding in it .. still predicting oscar win for it, thou it has not won any of the other awards yet (globes/bafta etc$

Viola Davis won a bafta for her performance in fences.

leenie

True but for a supporting role, don't know why she's not in leading actress catergory..
Meant to say they haven't won anything in the big 5.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mrdeeds

Watched Suicide Squad the weekend. I enjoyed it. If it had a proper villain would have being excellent.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 07, 2017, 08:49:26 PM
Watched Suicide Squad the weekend. I enjoyed it. If it had a proper villain would have being excellent.

It was ok not as bad as I feared. The Joker was cap. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2017, 07:43:42 AM

Listen lads take Margot Robbie out of it and would you still say it was ok.  :-*

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 08, 2017, 08:35:08 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2017, 07:43:42 AM

Listen lads take Margot Robbie out of it and would you still say it was ok.  :-*

She definitely helped. Will Smith was good in it. The superheroes were good but the villain was shocking. Scriptwriter should be ashamed.

The Iceman

Logan
Great show. The best of his series by a country mile. Great action, great story, solid performances. 8/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Boycey

The Founder, not sure if has been mentioned before as its been around a little while. Its the story behind McDonalds a lot of it I was aware of but a very good watch none the less. I watched it twice this week, once when I couldn't sleep the other night and again after I recommended it to the mrs and arrived home as her and the lad watched it last night.

stew

Quote from: Boycey on March 16, 2017, 01:23:58 PM
The Founder, not sure if has been mentioned before as its been around a little while. Its the story behind McDonalds a lot of it I was aware of but a very good watch none the less. I watched it twice this week, once when I couldn't sleep the other night and again after I recommended it to the mrs and arrived home as her and the lad watched it last night.

I never realized the Crocs were such hypocrites, both of them, still, they did some tremendous things with their fortune.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mrdeeds

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2017, 12:06:35 PM
Logan
Great show. The best of his series by a country mile. Great action, great story, solid performances. 8/10

Watched it in cinema. Brilliant. Only realised how good an actor Patrick Stewart is watching it.

Boycey

TG4 now - The Dirty Dozen. They don't make em like that anymore   8)

Dinny Breen

Get Out - good show, hard to describe kind of Stepford Wives meets You're Next solid 7/10.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

McDonagh's new movie 3 Billboards Outside Epping Missouri looks mental/class!!!

If you haven't seen the trailer be sure to watch it...

WARNING DEFINITELY NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU