Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: trileacman on December 24, 2016, 08:04:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 23, 2016, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2016, 05:29:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 23, 2016, 04:25:09 PM
Not a movie but any views on westworld??

Seems like a strange show. About halfway through the first series but still persisting.
I gave up on it. Found it extremely boring.

Best show of 2016 by a distance. How anyone could find an actor as great as Anthony Hopkins boring I'll never know.

It's was shite for 5 or 6 episodes and good for 3 or 4. It's a darling of the hype brigade though.
Aye, it seems to be one of those Tv shows where people get offended if you say you didn't like it, which I find a bit bizarre.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on December 27, 2016, 10:09:13 PM

Seems like a strange show. About halfway through the first series but still persisting.

Best show of 2016 by a distance. How anyone could find an actor as great as Anthony Hopkins boring I'll never know.

It's was shite for 5 or 6 episodes and good for 3 or 4. It's a darling of the hype brigade though.
Aye, it seems to be one of those Tv shows where people get offended if you say you didn't like it, which I find a bit bizarre.
lol. That's actually true. I watched it and liked it but nowhere near an all time great which I imagined it was given the talk about it. Certain films are in that category too - it seems uncool to say that Anchorman is shit, which I thought it was.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

I was reading the explanation on that maze today. Most people, definitely including me, wouldn't get it at all. Parts of the show very good but very hard to get your head round in parts too...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 27, 2016, 10:34:20 PM

lol. That's actually true. I watched it and liked it but nowhere near an all time great which I imagined it was given the talk about it. Certain films are in that category too - it seems uncool to say that Anchorman is shit, which I thought it was.

Or game of thrones... but if someone really likes it then that's what it is, another persons view. Be pretty boring if we all liked the same things don't ya think??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

leenie

Rocky horror just started ITV 3 so weird but also so watchable
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Main Street

Back to basics,
Stalingrad, german film 1993, no cgi just pure quality, subbed version only, leave well alone the dubbed version.

JPGJOHNNYG

anchorman was ok but just ok anchorman 2 a big steaming turd of a movie. Will ferrell has done some muck in his time occasionally funny but usually awfull

laoislad

Zoolander is another that the cool kids get upset if you say you thought it was a hape of shite...which it was.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2016, 10:37:19 PM

Or game of thrones... but if someone really likes it then that's what it is, another persons view. Be pretty boring if we all liked the same things don't ya think??

Don't get the Game of Thrones hype either. Just couldn't get into it. People in work would near take the head off you if you said it was shite.

Esmarelda

I thought Game of Thrones was awful and Westworld was brilliant. What does that make me?

Orior

The David Brent movie was awful. Every joke he ever made was just recycled.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Orior on December 28, 2016, 02:39:36 PM

Never liked the Office. What does that make me?
#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Watched Sully last night, entertaining enough wee 90 minutes....

I'm sure it was embellished for the film but I had no idea he was under investigation for not making it back to a runway..

laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 28, 2016, 02:40:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 28, 2016, 02:39:36 PM

Never liked the Office. What does that make me?
I loved the Office. I'm so offended that you didn't.

laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on December 28, 2016, 02:54:39 PM
Watched Sully last night, entertaining enough wee 90 minutes....

I'm sure it was embellished for the film but I had no idea he was under investigation for not making it back to a runway..
Actually watched it last night myself. I enjoyed it.