Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2016, 02:10:43 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 10, 2016, 01:47:50 PM
Watched the girl on the train the other night... worth a watch but nothing overly special. Not the most gripping thriller but still good

I thought it was f**king terrible. Book is meant to be a decent page turner but I was flat out bored with the movie.

The book is poor enough too.  Trying to be Patricia Highsmith and failing miserably. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

bennydorano

Wasted 2 hours of my life watching Lobster. Original yes, shite - extremely.

leenie

Quote from: bennydorano on November 10, 2016, 02:58:42 PM

I really enjoyed it .... I think black comedy is farrells forte

Looking forward to fantastic beasts and where to find them ..

Usually this time of year onwards you get the films that are Oscar contenders , last yr Leo and the revenant was already a dead cert but not sure this year .. Some talk around Martin Scorsese's silence
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Canalman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 09, 2016, 10:33:42 PM
Sing Street

enjoyable

Saw it there at the weekend. Wasn't impressed by it at all.

Watched Where Eagles Dare again there recently. Still cannot work out all the doublecrossing etc and why the Germans were hellbent on running into Clint Eastwood's gunfire. Excellent stuff all the same.

Kellys Heroes and its remake Three Kings rewatched again. Brilliant stuff altogether.

mrdeeds

Watched Lights Out. Average.

Also Sausage Party which is mental.

Aristo 60

I enjoyed the  babadook over halloween. Scores really well on rotten tomatoes too.

screenexile

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 10, 2016, 06:12:06 PM

Good mental or bad mental?? It looks class I think!

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on November 10, 2016, 05:05:59 PM
Sing Street

enjoyable

Watched Where Eagles Dare again there recently. Still cannot work out all the doublecrossing etc and why the Germans were hellbent on running into Clint Eastwood's gunfire. Excellent stuff all the same.

Kellys Heroes and its remake Three Kings rewatched again. Brilliant stuff altogether.

Since last Christmas I have got it in my head that I have to see Where Eagles Dare and Kellys Heroes, have to get around to seeing them soon.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2016, 09:10:49 AM
Quote from: Canalman on November 10, 2016, 05:05:59 PM
Sing Street

enjoyable

Since last Christmas I have got it in my head that I have to see Where Eagles Dare and Kellys Heroes, have to get around to seeing them soon.
Where Eagles Dare is never off TCM. It was actually on the other night so dipped in for another 20 mins til the wife told me to turn it over. Perfect Sunday afternoon fare if you can get rid of the wains!

mrdeeds

Quote from: screenexile on November 10, 2016, 09:27:03 PM

Good mental. I know so many people will hate it. The language is rough. C word used a lot. Also has a scene at end which you have to see to believe. The scene reminds me of a famous one in Team America.

nrico2006

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 11, 2016, 02:28:01 PM

Good mental. I know so many people will hate it. The language is rough. C word used a lot. Also has a scene at end which you have to see to believe. The scene reminds me of a famous one in Team America.

Fired Sausage Party on for the two waines the other week as the wee boy's favourite food is sausages and he was excited about the film.  It was advertised before a kids film in the cinema one week too so I thought nothing off it until I came back into the room after twenty minutes and I couldn't believe the words being fired out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 11, 2016, 02:44:32 PM

Fired Sausage Party on for the two waines the other week as the wee boy's favourite food is sausages and he was excited about the film.  It was advertised before a kids film in the cinema one week too so I thought nothing off it until I came back into the room after twenty minutes and I couldn't believe the words being fired out.

OH JESUS!!!!!

Up The Middle

Did the same myself. Never read up on it just assumed it was a kids cartoon.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Far East

Quote from: leenie on November 10, 2016, 04:43:43 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 10, 2016, 02:58:42 PM

I really enjoyed it .... I think black comedy is farrells forte

Looking forward to fantastic beasts and where to find them ..

Usually this time of year onwards you get the films that are Oscar contenders , last yr Leo and the revenant was already a dead cert but not sure this year .. Some talk around Martin Scorsese's silence

I agree with leenie......couldn't take my eyes off it!  I can see why it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes

Far East

Quote from: screenexile on November 11, 2016, 03:00:50 PM

OH JESUS!!!!!

My wee lad loves a Goodfellas pizza and his Godfather!.......you know the rest! Jesus wept