Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: heffo on March 23, 2016, 09:54:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2016, 09:02:22 PM
What was the main problem? All crashing and smashing with no plot?

Just dreadfully acted, woeful plot, appalling casting choices, not even pretending to disguise the Justice League setup. I didn't feel entertained in anyway whatsoever. Genuinely couldn't wait for it to be over.

Cinema or torrent?

Cinema. Out today in Spain.

heffo

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 10:10:08 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 23, 2016, 09:54:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2016, 09:02:22 PM
What was the main problem? All crashing and smashing with no plot?

Just dreadfully acted, woeful plot, appalling casting choices, not even pretending to disguise the Justice League setup. I didn't feel entertained in anyway whatsoever. Genuinely couldn't wait for it to be over.

Cinema or torrent?

Cinema. Out today in Spain.

Cheers, didn't have high hopes

gallsman

Be interesting to hear other thoughts on it alright.

Capt Pat

Sing Street. An Irish movie about a 14 year old setting up a band in school to impress a girl. Great entertainment, 8 out of 10.

Harold Disgracey

Saw Sing Street yesterday, agree with Capt Pat, great entertainment and thoroughly enjoyed it.

JoG2

Deadpool -  thought it was brilliant,  and I wouldn't be a comic / superhero fan in any shape or form. 

AFS

Quote from: JoG2 on March 30, 2016, 03:18:50 PM
Deadpool -  thought it was brilliant,  and I wouldn't be a comic / superhero fan in any shape or form.

Snap. Very entertaining.

Also saw The Revenant recently, which I liked a lot. Not sure what Leo did to win his Oscar though, other than look really cold and miserable for two and a half hours. Tom Hardy was better.

Also also saw Steve Jobs, which I did not like a lot. Fassbender was good, but thought the story was pretty boring and it's hard not to zone out from a whole two hours of Sorkin's relentless talky walky stuff.

straightred

Old one but watched Happy Gilmore with the kids earlier. Have to say it was just as good as it was first time around ! They just loved it too.

Main Street

Quote from: AFS on March 31, 2016, 12:19:03 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 30, 2016, 03:18:50 PM

Snap. Very entertaining.

Also saw The Revenant recently, which I liked a lot. Not sure what Leo did to win his Oscar though, other than look really cold and miserable for two and a half hours. Tom Hardy was better.

Also also saw Steve Jobs, which I did not like a lot. Fassbender was good, but thought the story was pretty boring and it's hard not to zone out from a whole two hours of Sorkin's relentless talky walky stuff.
I read the Revenant book before viewing the film   as i believe it's usually best practice to read the book first.
I was impressed by the film version and Leo's performance as the main protagonist  but I have no worthwhile opinion on the detail of the  merits of  the acting.
The characters depicted in the film were as they should be. The film just caught the mood of the story, as told in the book, to perfection.

Hound

The Ridiculous 6

Cowboy starring Adam Sadler, Hurley from Lost, the werewolf from Twilight, Nukie from Boardwalk, Harvey Keitel and many others.

Awesome!

Well, not really. Sandler was very poor, and he was the main star, so that did take a lot from the film. But some very funny scenes when Sandler took a back seat.

TheClutch

Life

with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawerence, absolute peach of a film.
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

longballin

10 Cloverfield Lane.. wtf?!!   :o

nrico2006

Quote from: TheClutch on March 31, 2016, 09:23:43 AM
Life

with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawerence, absolute peach of a film.

Brilliant show.

Watched The Revenant, was pretty good - was expecting it to be boring.

Deadpool - was grand, nothing special but passed a few hours.

Ted 2 - not bad, a few very funny moments in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

Quote from: longballin on March 31, 2016, 09:32:36 AM
10 Cloverfield Lane.. wtf?!!   :o

Any good? Got great reviews.

leenie

Trainwreck ... Truly awful ,  haven't watched a good comedy in ages

Am I missing something , I think Amy schumer is a dose and can't see what the fuss is about..same for Tina fey and that blondie doll that's with her
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..