Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 28, 2015, 07:24:14 PM
Just catching up on a few movies. American Sniper...an enjoyable film...not sure what all the fuss was about though. Not a classic. Going to watch Fury later with Brad Pitt. Any opinions??

Ring walk is at ten roughly,  didn't know you were mates with Pitt. Go for a klitscho knockout
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

5 Sams

Quote from: bridgegael on November 28, 2015, 07:53:36 PM
Just catching up on a few movies. American Sniper...an enjoyable film...not sure what all the fuss was about though. Not a classic. Going to watch Fury later with Brad Pitt. Any opinions??

Ring walk is at ten roughly,  didn't know you were mates with Pitt. Go for a klitscho knockout

:D Smart fcuker.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bridgegael on November 28, 2015, 07:53:36 PM

Date night in Bally-hoe-land.

nrico2006

Watched the Iceman, really enjoyed it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Streamed bridge of spies the other night. Very glad I didn't pay to watch it in the cinema!

6/10 for me.

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 30, 2015, 09:12:13 AM
Streamed bridge of spies the other night. Very glad I didn't pay to watch it in the cinema!

6/10 for me.

DVD quality or ropey camcorder?

Soup an Samajiz

Saw Black Mass at the weekend, worth a watch, Johny Depp deserving of the plaudits in this one, tense thriller right the way thru.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on November 30, 2015, 09:32:34 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 30, 2015, 09:12:13 AM

6/10 for me.

DVD quality or ropey camcorder?

Decent stream but not quite DVD quality haha

themac_23

watched a wee indie movie the other night when i couldn't sleep called Mississippi Grind, pretty random but for some reason i really enjoyed it, ben Mendolson and Ryan Reynolds worked well together, worth a watch.

gallsman

Quote from: themac_23 on November 30, 2015, 01:46:24 PM
watched a wee indie movie the other night when i couldn't sleep called Mississippi Grind, pretty random but for some reason i really enjoyed it, ben Mendolson and Ryan Reynolds worked well together, worth a watch.

Kermode on the BBC gave it a great review. Mendehlson is a brilliant actor.

Eamonnca1

Last night I watched All Is Lost.  Great performance by Robert Redford. Like a modern take on The Old Man and the Sea.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk_R04LfUQU

Eamonnca1

Saw Creed tonight. Great show. A fresh take on the Rocky saga but some nice echoes of the old films too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv554B7YHk4

STREET FIGHTER

Django Unchained on tonight.....

laoislad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 06, 2015, 09:40:26 AM
Saw Creed tonight. Great show. A fresh take on the Rocky saga but some nice echoes of the old films too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv554B7YHk4
Have you seen Southpaw yet? Very good I thought.
Must give Creed a watch soon. Did it have the Rocky music? I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't.!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Canalman

Watched Glory again late last night. Some film. Scene at the end where the regiment approaches the beach very powerful.

Saw the new National Lampoons vacation movie last week. Okish. Not a patch (understandably) on the originals.