Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

sharknado and sharknado 2,  quality veiwing
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

annapr

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 11, 2015, 10:38:36 PM
Just watched Nightcrawler  :o. I haven't seen a more horrible character in years. Great film - 9.5.
Watched it tonight.
Didn't like it 4/10

Tony Baloney

Watched Whiplash this evening. Didn't know what to expect but thought it was a great show - 9/10.

The Iceman

wee lads have been up sick with a stomacg flu this past few nights so the Raspberry Pi is working over time,

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 6/10 for the lads. Watchable just about for the adults.
Lucy. 5/10 Watchable but not great.
Brick Mansions (Paul Walkers 2nd to last film) 6/10 some decent action and free running.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 17, 2015, 11:46:36 PM
Watched Whiplash this evening. Didn't know what to expect but thought it was a great show - 9/10.

Really enjoyed it. Was like watching Simmons play Schillinger all over again except he turned it up to 11. He's the front runner for the Oscar and deservedly so.

Saw Boyhood on Saturday. Fascinating to watch everyone actually grow up on screen but felt, like all Linklater films, it was just a bit too arty and self indulgent.

nrico2006

The Equalizer and Walk Among The Tombstones were great.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BenDover

+1 for American Sniper and Whiplash. American Sniper was very good

ballinaman

American Sniper one of the best war movies since Goebbles and the lads made em..
I'd give it 9 American f**k yeahs out of 10....

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 20, 2015, 09:19:31 AM
The Equalizer and Walk Among The Tombstones were great.

class show.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on January 20, 2015, 11:15:48 AM
American Sniper one of the best war movies since Goebbles and the lads made em..
Can I get a high 5?!

I watched The Equalizer last night - good old fashioned hard-boiled stuff. Reminded me of some of the mindless violence of 80s stuff like Cobra and Commando.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2015, 01:17:57 PM
Can I get a high 5?!

I watched The Equalizer last night - good old fashioned hard-boiled stuff. Reminded me of some of the mindless violence of 80s stuff like Cobra and Commando.

You still have a hard on for Denzel?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 20, 2015, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2015, 01:17:57 PM
Can I get a high 5?!

You still have a hard on for Denzel?
We know who that person is and it isn't me!

So do you?

Brick Tamlin

American Sniper - 9/10
Excellent show. Bradley Cooper must be in running for Best Actor and how Eastwood didn't get nominated for Best Director is beyond me.
A wee nod to Sienna Millar. Think she gained some credibility for her performance, wouldn't usually classify as anything decent in terms of acting and would usually associate her with crap films but she did well here.
A good show and definitely opens your eyes a bit more to what those men go through.

BenDover

Watched The Equaliser last night, Denzel once again impressive good enough movie storyline a bit far fetched but not to taxing on the brain.

NAG1

Quote from: BenDover on January 22, 2015, 03:13:37 PM
Watched The Equaliser last night, Denzel once again impressive good enough movie storyline a bit far fetched but not to taxing on the brain.

I am a Denzel fan but I found this one of his weaker movies.
Definitely not taxing on the brain, but we could have stood a little more of a challenge.

Easy watching for during the week all the same.