Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Good copy of The Good, The McConnell and The Ugly on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN1Kx_a4GSI
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 29, 2014, 11:57:16 AM
Quote from: Canalman on July 29, 2014, 11:25:41 AM

Watched Green Street again at the weekend. Can't for the life of me understand how it got so much bad press. Excellent film imo. Reckon some just couldn't get around the fact Elijah Wood was in it.

for very good reason... plays a Harvard student who rather logically becomes a "come an hav a go if yer think yer hard enough" die hard hammers hooligan... message of the movie is that he comes away a better person for loyally backing up small minded c*ntish behaviour outside pubs/down alleyways. The whole premise of extolling the honour, loyalty and virtue of gutter Cockney-geezer soccer hooliganism is laughable. Would recommend The Firm, the Gary Oldman film as a solid alternative for the scummy reality and hopelessness of the hooliganism era.

So would I, the Zulus kicking the Cockneys back to Laandan! :-[
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

screenexile

Any reviews of Inbetweeners Movie or Planet of the Apes??

CD

I enjoyed my  biannual cinema visit to see the Inbetweeners. A packed house at a comedy always results in a good atmosphere and plenty of laughs. It's not Hitchcock, it's not quite as  funny as the first one, but I was thoroughly entertained and had a few great laughs.  I'd certainly recommend it if you enjoyed the series.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: CD on August 16, 2014, 12:21:12 PM
I enjoyed my  biannual cinema visit to see the Inbetweeners. A packed house at a comedy always results in a good atmosphere and plenty of laughs. It's not Hitchcock, it's not quite as  funny as the first one, but I was thoroughly entertained and had a few great laughs.  I'd certainly recommend it if you enjoyed the series.
Sums up most of the newspaper reviews I have read.

J OGorman

Maybe should be in the documentary section, but, Mistaken for Strangers, the doc made by the National's lead singer Matt Berninger's hapless brother Tom is first class. Funny take on a band on tour. 8.5 / 10

Spiderman 2...A solid 7/10

Looking forward to Inbetweeners and Jon Favreau's Chef

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J OGorman on August 16, 2014, 10:58:00 PM
Maybe should be in the documentary section, but, Mistaken for Strangers, the doc made by the National's lead singer Matt Berninger's hapless brother Tom is first class. Funny take on a band on tour. 8.5 / 10

Spiderman 2...A solid 7/10

Looking forward to Inbetweeners and Jon Favreau's Chef
Have watched about half of this.An exceptionally annoying person!

Tony Baloney

Locke. Interesting concept. Liked it a lot and gathered up some good concrete knowledge. 8.5.

Eamonnca1

Calvary.

Great acting all round. Biblical parallels are quite funny, but thought provoking. Powerful too. Leaves the audience in five minutes of stunned silence when the credits roll.

ziggy90

Has anyone seen Jersey Boys? Worth a trip to the cinema?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bennydorano

The Lives of Others on BBC2 2nite at 12.10am. Superb German movie.

Orior

I watched Hardy Bucks the Movie the other night.

Was it written before or after Melissa Reid and Michaella McCollum went on vacation to Columbia?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hereiam

Watch End of Tomorrow last nite. I would give it a 7/10. It was ok but wouldn't watch it again. Cruise needs to get away from all this sci-fi for a while.

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on September 26, 2014, 05:49:57 PM
The Lives of Others on BBC2 2nite at 12.10am. Superb German movie.

Yip, really enjoyed it.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Finally got around to watching Locke.
It reminded me of an audio book - you really didn't need to watch in fairness. Painted a good picture for one man driving in a car talking on his phone but not great either: 6/10

Captain America II : Definitely enjoyable/watchable - not Marvels best but I didn't expect it to be. 6/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight