Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2014, 03:57:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2014, 03:35:12 PM
Quote from: southdown on March 25, 2014, 03:25:15 PM
Watched Shutter Island on Netflix, not bad at all.
Decent enough but I saw the 'twist' at the end coming about half way through the film.
It was fairly obvious did you not think?

That wasn't his point!! But yeah it was obvious
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Mayo4Sam

the child sees dead people
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

Meath gave a replay to Louth.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Iceman

Watched the second installment of the Hunger Games - thought it was very well done - 6.5/10
watched the Hollywood version of Old Boy - actually enjoyed it more than the original - but then i'm not a connoisseur... 6/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Main Street

The epic masterpiece, Seven Samurai, is on Film 4 tonight   23.40 - 03.35

ONeill

Brazil - finally got around to seeing it. Some laugh!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AFS

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on March 25, 2014, 10:47:08 PM
Brazil - finally got around to seeing it. Some laugh!

Seriously??? That film would be nearly older than you, classic show, Harry Tuttle and the girl from one of the best American comedy show Soap. Great film
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Anyone seen Calvary? Getting serious reviews in the papers and radio.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 14, 2014, 10:32:45 PM
Anyone seen Calvary? Getting serious reviews in the papers and radio.
Liked it a lot. It has some funny lines but is by no means the comedy a lot of people assume it to be going by the Gleeson/McDonagh mixture. Eerily quiet in the cinema at the end credits.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Capt Pat

Calvary was darker than I was expecting with actors like Chris O'Dowd in it.

Don Johnson

Thought it was very dark, great show though. One thing that bugged me though was Aiden Gillen's accent in it. His accents in a lot of things lately have been annoying me.

Canalman

Seen a Belgian horror film at the weekend called Calvaire. Wtf type of movie.

playwiththewind1st

Went to see "Calvary" last Saturday night. One of those shows that you walk out of after it's over & there's a bit of a silence, because everybody's quiet on it, especially after the ending they've just seen. Didn't quite know what to make of it, to be honest, although it's still a very good show. Have to say, I would generally give a film with Brendan Gleeson in it a try - he's a fine actor.