Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Always good films on sky 323 and 157.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

Kick Ass 2: Watchable 5/10 - mindless violence - Wouldn't know Jim Carey in it!!
Captain Phillips: Enjoyable 7/10 Wasn't as good as I was expecting - Hanks was good but not outstanding - Somalians were great - nice insight into the story.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

lawnseed

im not going through every page of this thread to see if this has been mentioned but I came into this movie about half way and I just cant wait to get it and watch it all.. 'About time' is a well made, funny emotion filled film with a lovely cast. it's a little hard to follow and may require a couple of watches just to get the full story.. sweet jeez I was almost in tears toward the end

highly recommended 8)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

The Iceman

My Mrs watched the other day - said it was very good. Might try and catch it if i see it on redbox or something.... nice to see your emotional side lawnseed :)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

lawnseed

Quote from: The Iceman on March 11, 2014, 10:35:00 PM
My Mrs watched the other day - said it was very good. Might try and catch it if i see it on redbox or something.... nice to see your emotional side lawnseed :)
I still feel like crying just thinking about it.. what a show :'(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

CiKe

Enjoyed Enough Said, comedy about 40 something divorcees getting back into the dating game. Premise is weak enough but with James Gandolfini and Catherine Keener it has a decent cast and is a lot better than 99% of the comedies you see these days.

Puckoon

Watched about 3/4 of Dallas Buyers Club last night before I passed out. Very powerful movie, even after all the hype and awards. Hard to imagine what it was like in that era, as a heterosexual sufferer of HIV never mind a homosexual one. Very easy to have a blase attitude towards your sexual health when you're younger and think you're invincible. Similarly easy to have gotten lucky, or unlucky, as the case may be.

nrico2006

Only watched The Pledge the other night, arguably the worst ending to a film I have ever seen.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Quote from: Puckoon on March 12, 2014, 05:53:10 PM
Watched about 3/4 of Dallas Buyers Club last night before I passed out.

Strong stuff. Wacky tabacky?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J OGorman

Quote from: ONeill on March 25, 2014, 03:01:09 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 12, 2014, 05:53:10 PM
Watched about 3/4 of Dallas Buyers Club last night before I passed out.

Strong stuff. Wacky tabacky?

:-) funny

southdown

Watched Shutter Island on Netflix, not bad at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: southdown on March 25, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

Good show, Di Caprio is a fine actor, don't think he gets enough credit because of his looks (that sounds gay) but ya know what I mean :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Decent enough but I saw the 'twist' at the end coming about half way through the film.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2014, 03:35:12 PM
Decent enough but I saw the 'twist' at the end coming about half way through the film.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2014, 03:35:12 PM

it was fairly obvious did you not think?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.