Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 05, 2014, 11:33:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2014, 11:09:52 PM
Blue Jasmine - compelling viewing. Some ropey actors around the edges but 90 mins of good storytelling.

I saw a bit of this the other night when in "flick mode". Just saw a joke on it about a child molester and that was enough for me....very bad taste, so didnt watch any more of it.

I saw the trailer for it before another movie and thought to myself why did someone feel the need to make that!
it will not be making it onto the 'to watch' list

The Iceman

I'm on the late shift at night time with the baby so I'm getting my money's worth from Netflix:

Old Boy (Original Japanese version) - Could have been a good show but the ending ruined it for me. 4/10 Will give the Hollywood version a try to see if they changed it up.
The Beautiful Truth - Documentary about Cancer - excellent 8/10 everyone should watch it!
Shadow Dancer - About a RA informer - pure dung 2/10
Redemption - Jason Statham usual action is what it is - watchable 5/10

Thor 2: Wasn't overly impressed, probably the weakest of the latest batch of Marvel films 6/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Up The Middle

Dont anybody ever watch Enders Game.........that is all
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

ONeill

Quote from: NAG1 on March 05, 2014, 02:15:32 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on March 05, 2014, 11:33:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2014, 11:09:52 PM
Blue Jasmine - compelling viewing. Some ropey actors around the edges but 90 mins of good storytelling.

I saw a bit of this the other night when in "flick mode". Just saw a joke on it about a child molester and that was enough for me....very bad taste, so didnt watch any more of it.

I saw the trailer for it before another movie and thought to myself why did someone feel the need to make that!
it will not be making it onto the 'to watch' list

I'm lost here. Need to make what...and what joke??
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 05, 2014, 04:05:41 PM

Brilliant Book.
#newbridgeornowhere

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 05, 2014, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on March 05, 2014, 04:05:41 PM

Brilliant Book.

Once saw a friend reading that book and I asked him what it was about. He went and told me the ending straight away. I've never felt the urge to read it or watch the film since, and certainly not after knowing what Orson Scott Card stands for.

The Iceman

I don't believe any of his religious views come across in his novels? Would you only read it if the main lad was gay or confused? Not sure why you can't separate the work of fiction from the religious affiliations of the author....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on March 05, 2014, 09:56:05 PM
I don't believe any of his religious views come across in his novels? Would you only read it if the main lad was gay or confused? Not sure why you can't separate the work of fiction from the religious affiliations of the author....

What a preposterous suggestion. You and the agenda you pretend not to have are boring. Gobshite.

Apparently so

Oh la la

Just had a cup of cappucino. Was delicious. How do you spell cappucino?

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on March 05, 2014, 10:41:55 PM

What a preposterous suggestion. You and the agenda you pretend not to have are boring. Gobshite.
What are you slabbering about? Eamonn has a problem with the author and won't read his books because he is pro traditional family. I think it was a fair comment/jibe a bit of tongue in cheek humour seeing as we're getting on so well these days now that we know each other.
Whats your agenda lad for you seem to have a problem with me? Either hit the ignore button or pm me for my address :)

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on March 06, 2014, 12:08:18 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 05, 2014, 10:41:55 PM

What are you slabbering about? Eamonn has a problem with the author and won't read his books because he is pro traditional family. I think it was a fair comment/jibe a bit of tongue in cheek humour seeing as we're getting on so well these days now that we know each other.
Whats your agenda lad for you seem to have a problem with me? Either hit the ignore button or pm me for my address :)

No, he has an issue because Card is a vile, homophobic turd. You know exactly what your agenda is - thankfully these days it's seen as backward, hypocritical and downright regressive. Away back to teaching your kids creationism.

nrico2006

Quote from: The Iceman on March 05, 2014, 03:54:09 PM
I'm on the late shift at night time with the baby so I'm getting my money's worth from Netflix:

Old Boy (Original Japanese version) - Could have been a good show but the ending ruined it for me. 4/10 Will give the Hollywood version a try to see if they changed it up.
The Beautiful Truth - Documentary about Cancer - excellent 8/10 everyone should watch it!

Thor 2: Wasn't overly impressed, probably the weakest of the latest batch of Marvel films 6/10

Been a while since I saw anything as bad as Thor 2.  Thor 1 was dung too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 06, 2014, 08:18:25 AM

So at what point did you think that Thor 2 was going to be better???? ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2014, 08:48:45 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 06, 2014, 08:18:25 AM

So at what point did you think that Thor 2 was going to be better???? ;D ;D

Watched it because I had seen the first one and even though I am not amazed by the whole Avengers series, I thought it would be better to watch it in order to not have any gaps when it comes to any subsequent marvel films.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Thoae of you of a certain vintage will appreciate Blue Thunder starting now on Sony Movies (Sky 323).  :D