Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Scarlett Johansson plays the Operating System. Joaquin Phoenix even rides the PC.

Scoring highly on RT so someone agrees with me. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/her/

Lost in Translation-ish.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 27, 2014, 11:19:42 PM
Scarlett Johansson plays the Operating System. Joaquin Phoenix even rides the PC.

Scoring highly on RT so someone agrees with me. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/her/

Lost in Translation-ish.

I love this idea.

I want OS Mavericks to manage the Mayo football team.

That would shut Spillane and O'Rourke up....................if not Brolly.

MWWSI 2017

Newbridge Exile

We took our little man to see Frozen yesterday, adults and children all thoroughly enjoyed it

JimStynes

Went to watch The Armstrong Lie tonight. Great show with some great highlights of all the lies he told in press conferences, interviews etc. That Queens Film Theatre is full of head cases though.

Dinny Breen

Think it's a few years old but just watched that Indonesian movie The Raid, f**k me, relentless and totally enjoyable.
#newbridgeornowhere

gallsman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 02, 2014, 11:16:40 PM
Think it's a few years old but just watched that Indonesian movie The Raid, f**k me, relentless and totally enjoyable.

Great craic altogether. Sequel out this year.

Capt Pat

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2014, 11:36:53 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 02, 2014, 11:16:40 PM

Great craic altogether. Sequel out this year.

The Raid is a great action movie But it might be hard to recreate the magic of the original

J OGorman

Lone Survivor - 8/10. Great show, intense stuff
Walter Mitty - 8.5/10. Top class

tbrick18

Watched "Dead Man Down" last night with Colin Farrel and the doll out of the dragon tattoo movies.
Decent enough watch, classic revenge flick.
7/10.

Main Street

I'm curious to see what Scorsese makes out of this hedonistic tale in Wolf of Wall Street.
It's hard to credit that the protagonist of this $200m swindle served less than 2 years in a minimum security prison.
I watched Boiler Room all those years ago but it made a pig's ear out of telling the actual story.

Capt Pat

The Armstrong Lie gets a 7.5 rating from me. A documentary based on Lance Armstrong's attempted comeback in 2009 and his seven previous tour de France wins and his downfall.

The Ulster players off the Irish team Also fancied a night out at the cinema. Paddy Jackson sat down beside me with Trimble. Rory Best was in the row behind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 07, 2014, 01:13:16 AM
The Armstrong Lie gets a 7.5 rating from me. A documentary Based on Lance Armstrong's attempted comeback in 2009 and his seven previous wins and his downfall.

True story?  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SLIGONIAN

How mental is lone survivor? some intensity, hard to believe it is a true story..

good show, 8/10, i don't look at the afghanis as the enemy though, so was strange watching it when you feel american shouldn't be there in there in the first place but it was really about survival more than politics. What those guys have to go through is unreal..

Seen Jack Ryan aswell, enjoyed it tbh, 7.5/10 Im a big fan of costner and pine.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ballinaman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 07, 2014, 06:41:30 PM
How mental is lone survivor? some intensity, hard to believe it is a true story..
Enjoyed it too, thought the training sequence at the start was very good....title gave it away a bit though..... :P

Zulu

Anybody see Inside Llewyn Davis yet? I love the Coen brothers stuff and from reviews I've seen it's primarily been getting 5 stars though some reviewers have not been overly impressed. Seem strange it has been ignored by the Oscars though. Anyone recommend it?