Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Orior on September 12, 2013, 03:16:39 PM
I scored 65

http://www.listchallenges.com/100-greatest-movies-of-the-1970s?ref=share

Have Serpico laying on DVD in the top drawer for about 4 years so might have to give it a watch this weekend and have Chinatown recorded on Sky near a year too so will have to give it a go too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

The Kings of Summer - decent, 7/10. Worth a look.

blewuporstuffed

Trance- directed by danny boyle
meh - 6.5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 13, 2013, 09:50:23 AM
meh - 6.5/10

Thought Trance was ok, Roasario Dawson showing the whole fandingo was unexpected.

Watched Mud at the weekend, very good.  Fast and the Furious 6 was good too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2013, 08:23:57 AM
meh - 6.5/10

Thought Trance was ok, Roasario Dawson showing the whole fandingo was unexpected.

Trance was ok, but i thought it tried to be a bit too clever
i have mud at home as well, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
must give it a run this week.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Iceman

I watched Mud there over the weekend. Not sure what to make of it. It was very slow at times, but had some cracking performances and very likable characters... I enjoyed it but maybe not being the learned new movie mogul of the modern era (I'm an 80s, 90s man) I missed something that still leaves me wondering....
6/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2013, 08:23:57 AM
meh - 6.5/10

Minute and second please  ;D

laoislad

Wife went to see Diana tonight.
Said it was crap. Spoiler alert she dies in a car crash at the end.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Scored 58, surprised but the ones I had watched I wasn't really into that type

Watched Insidious tonight, crap
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

just watched 'Harry Brown' there.

Very good show.

Feckitt

A Belfast Story  ??? ::) :-[ :-[  Pure tripe

ballinaman

Prisoners....8/10.

Gripping stuff!

screenexile

Listened to a bit of a review of Filth last night and now I can't wait to see it. The guy was raving about McAvoy's performance!! Apparently it's not one to take the Missus too though!

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2013, 10:31:16 AM
Listened to a bit of a review of Filth last night and now I can't wait to see it. The guy was raving about McAvoy's performance!! Apparently it's not one to take the Missus too though!

Ah shite - we're going tonight! Will let you know what she thinks of it. Maybe I'll just go on my own! Mind you, just got some expenses from County Board, so she's getting taken out beforehand, so 1/2 ain't bad, if the film ain't her cup of tea!