Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Bought the Lord of The Rings the other week on blu-ray, had originally saw them when they came out but only watched them once and they didn't leave a huge impression on me so I thought there must be more to the hype so have just finished watching all 3 and to be honest I still don't get the hype.  I honestly don't think I have had to watch anything as boring in my life, each 3 hour film has been a struggle that has actually taken multiple nights to watch due to the boring nature of the movies.  Over-rated would be an understatement.

On another note, anyone seen Gangster Squad yet - any good?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 24, 2013, 11:52:10 AM
Bought the Lord of The Rings the other week on blu-ray, had originally saw them when they came out but only watched them once and they didn't leave a huge impression on me so I thought there must be more to the hype so have just finished watching all 3 and to be honest I still don't get the hype.  I honestly don't think I have had to watch anything as boring in my life, each 3 hour film has been a struggle that has actually taken multiple nights to watch due to the boring nature of the movies.  Over-rated would be an understatement.

On another note, anyone seen Gangster Squad yet - any good?

I loved the Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers the best I thought, maybe last half hour of last one dragged a bit.

Seen Gangster Squad, not bad, expected better to be honest as I enjoy those type of Movies. Don't be expecting The Untouchables though.

The Iceman

watched The Hobbit - thought it looked great but a tad drawn out. Think the series would be better watched before the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
when the kids are old enough to watch them I'd say we'll watch them in that order....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stew

Very disappointed in Star Trek, Into Darkness, it had none of the edge of the last movie and instead they threw in the odd shit bomb or used the word bastard to try and be edgy.

I was really looking forward to this but it was a real disappointment.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ballinaman

Saw the new Dwayne Johnson aka "The Rock" movie called Snitch. Well I have to say, he really put in a stellar performance in this movie, shocked by the depth and layers of both the script and characters. What I really enjoyed.........ah, I can't do it....absolute bollix!

The Iceman

So I watched the new fast and furious installment and I need some clarification.
At the end during the credits they showed the Asian guy getting blown up in Tokyo. This was a cut out from Fast and the Furuous Tokyo Drift. So are they saying that film was supposedly after all the other ones or did they seriously just rip off that scene and think nobody would notice??
I've enjoyed them but they are getting a bit much.....

Watched After Earth this week too. Wasn't fussed. 5:10. Expected more.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ballinaman

Mud is quality. Go see it 8/10

NAG1

Anyone seen 22 Bullets Jean Reno?

Interested to see what anyone else makes of it.

Milltown Row2

Watched an enjoyable Brit show last night  'I'll give it a year' predictable but good enough laughs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Hangover 3.
Yawn....2/10
They should really have stopped after the first one.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

i see will smith and will og in a film together.. looks like a hell of a lot of cgi crap.. still they must have really bonded while they were jumping around infront of that blue screen together ::) dont think they'll be getting any of my money
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on June 05, 2013, 07:55:03 AM
So I watched the new fast and furious installment and I need some clarification.
At the end during the credits they showed the Asian guy getting blown up in Tokyo. This was a cut out from Fast and the Furuous Tokyo Drift. So are they saying that film was supposedly after all the other ones or did they seriously just rip off that scene and think nobody would notice??
I've enjoyed them but they are getting a bit much.....

Watched After Earth this week too. Wasn't fussed. 5:10. Expected more.

That's exactly what they're saying. Did you not cop when he died in the 3rd film and then turned up in the next one?

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

The Iceman - thought it was very good. Michael Shannon was excellent and am looking forward to seeing him in Man of Steel.