Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2013, 09:53:54 AM
Watched Ironman 3 the other night. It was just alright I still think the first one wast the best.

Think I might give the Star Trek's a rattle as I've heard they are very good. Anybody any opinions on them?

Ive an opinion you watch some shite!!!!

screenexile

You would know all about shite watching that football youse hoors serve up in North Derry!!!

theticklemister

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2013, 10:37:05 AM
You would know all about shite watching that football youse hoors serve up in North Derry!!!

Ah the football is worse screenexile over in Liverpool!!!!!!!

gallsman

As expected, Fast and Furious 6 was exceptional fun. Utter, utter nonsense but more fun than I've had than any film recently.

Eamonnca1

Iron Man 3 was a bit disappointing compared to the others.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2013, 11:24:03 PM
As expected, Fast and Furious 6 was exceptional fun. Utter, utter nonsense but more fun than I've had than any film recently.
The kids have seen clips and are going nuts to see it. I think it is a 12A.

Any parents out there have guidance on what sort of age you could start going to 12As?

gallsman

There are some "fucks" and "shits" in there. None of the violence is particularly gory in anyway and I'd imagine kids probably wouldn't even notice it there's that many explosions going on about the place. I'd say a ten year old would probably be able to enjoy it without being unduly influenced in any particular way or exposed to anything they're not familiar with. Anything slightly racy (quite a few shots of hot pants and arses) would probably go over their heads.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 18, 2013, 03:34:50 PM
There are some "f**ks" and "shits" in there. None of the violence is particularly gory in anyway and I'd imagine kids probably wouldn't even notice it there's that many explosions going on about the place. I'd say a ten year old would probably be able to enjoy it without being unduly influenced in any particular way or exposed to anything they're not familiar with. Anything slightly racy (quite a few shots of hot pants and arses) would probably go over their heads.
I'll keep an eye out for that  ;)

I'll see what the BBFC say about it but the missus will have none of it if there is any bad language!

nrico2006

Les Miserables was turned off after 15 minutes.  I wouldn't be the biggest fan of musicals, but it looked good and I didn't expect the whole film to be singing, every single line.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Great Gatsby - Truely awful movie!! Wanted to leave after half an hour but the missus was having none of it!!

NAG1

Watched the new Total Recall last night, watchable enough without being engaging really on many levels.

Dont know if it is Colin Farrell or not but just was no attachment to any of the main characters to make you even care what happened to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2013, 08:54:54 AM
Les Miserables was turned off after 15 minutes.  I wouldn't be the biggest fan of musicals, but it looked good and I didn't expect the whole film to be singing, every single line.

It's a musical and a classic at that. Thought it was a brilliant show and the singing was great, was better watched in the cinema though I'd much prefer to see it at the theater
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2013, 11:27:33 AM

It's a musical and a classic at that. Thought it was a brilliant show and the singing was great, was better watched in the cinema though I'd much prefer to see it at the theater

Most musicals on the big screen are not continuous singing the whole time, usually break into a few songs every now and again which is ok.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 21, 2013, 12:44:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2013, 11:27:33 AM

Most musicals on the big screen are not continuous singing the whole time, usually break into a few songs every now and again which is ok.

Aye Grease was ;D  but this was based on the actual musical, and I think the Madonna one was all singing though I didn't like that one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 21, 2013, 09:02:55 AM
Great Gatsby - Truely awful movie!! Wanted to leave after half an hour but the missus was having none of it!!
In the world of GAA board one line movie reviews that could well mean that this a film of great interest.
Just as a 5 star endorsement is a clear warning to stay well away.