Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 10, 2013, 03:09:53 PM
Bit of help required! The odd time when a film is downloaded and watched off a usb on the TV,scenes with foreign languages which should have subtitles, don't have them. Is there any way to combine the subtitles file with the video for watching on tv off the USB? Or will it only work on media player etc?

You need to DL the corresponding .srt file and put it in the same location (AFAIK) this works when burning a dl'd file onto dvd anyway

Nally Stand

Quote from: heffo on May 10, 2013, 03:17:03 PM
Bit of help required! The odd time when a film is downloaded and watched off a usb on the TV,scenes with foreign languages which should have subtitles, don't have them. Is there any way to combine the subtitles file with the video for watching on tv off the USB? Or will it only work on media player etc?

You need to DL the corresponding .srt file and put it in the same location (AFAIK) this works when burning a dl'd file onto dvd anyway

Thanks heffo, I'll give it a go.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Even with the subtitle file in the same file location as the avi file I haven't had much success. Keep us posted.

heffo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 10, 2013, 05:18:43 PM
Even with the subtitle file in the same file location as the avi file I haven't had much success. Keep us posted.

Not a direct solution I know but use ConvertXtoDVD and burn it onto a dvd with the srt file

ballinaman

Often happens. I use VLC media player. If it doesnt have the subtitles, just google them and download them separately and save them to the desktop. Then play your movie through VLC and click the subtitles track in audio/video options in the VLC player and just open your downloaded file while your movie is playing and off you go!

it's only way for it to work unless they are hard coded onto file on your usb. Just have to vlc and hdmi cable it and do steps above for it to work.

muppet

Netflix  >:(

I spent 1 hr 53 minutes watching Killing Bono only to find out its fictional.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 10, 2013, 05:18:43 PM
Will do Tony
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: ballinaman on May 10, 2013, 10:07:32 PM
Often happens. I use VLC media player. If it doesnt have the subtitles, just google them and download them separately and save them to the desktop. Then play your movie through VLC and click the subtitles track in audio/video options in the VLC player and just open your downloaded file while your movie is playing and off you go!

it's only way for it to work unless they are hard coded onto file on your usb. Just have to vlc and hdmi cable it and do steps above for it to work.
I'll give that a try Ballinaman. Reason I ask, is after reading those few reviews for The Imposter here, I read more reviews online and it's getting rave reports. Would like to to see it but I assume there are subtitles needed for the parts of it set in Madrid!

Syferus

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 11, 2013, 08:43:51 PM

I'll give that a try Ballinaman. Reason I ask, is after reading those few reviews for The Imposter here, I read more reviews online and it's getting rave reports. Would like to to see it but I assume there are subtitles needed for the parts of it set in Madrid!

Nope -  what little Spanish there is is hard-coded.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Syferus on May 11, 2013, 08:53:31 PM

Really?! Good stuff!  :)

Syferus

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 11, 2013, 09:01:14 PM

Had a look through my file for you just to be sure so you should be very safe. A lot of the story is being retold by the participants in English so there is actually very little Spanish to begin with. You're in for a treat.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Syferus on May 11, 2013, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 11, 2013, 09:01:14 PM

Had a look through my file for you just to be sure so you should be very safe. A lot of the story is being retold by the participants in English so there is actually very little Spanish to begin with. You're in for a treat.

Thanks syferus, gentleman! Hope this lives up to the expectations!  :D

gallsman

Anyone come across a good screener for Mud? Despite Matthew McConnaughey, it's meant to be excellent. Every torrent I've tried to date has been corrupt.

Also, without the slightest tinge of guilt or embarrassment, I can't wait to see Fast 6 after how mindlessly enjoyable Fast 5 was.

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2013, 09:24:46 AM
Anyone come across a good screener for Mud? Despite Matthew McConnaughey, it's meant to be excellent. Every torrent I've tried to date has been corrupt.

Also, without the slightest tinge of guilt or embarrassment, I can't wait to see Fast 6 after how mindlessly enjoyable Fast 5 was.

Have to shamefully agree to this, found it a decent (leave the brain at the door) watch.  :-[

screenexile

Watched Ironman 3 the other night. It was just alright I still think the first one wast the best.

Think I might give the Star Trek's a rattle as I've heard they are very good. Anybody any opinions on them?