Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

The Place beyond the pines was good enough. 7 out of 10. The movie is divided into three parts with the first part being the best and the final part being the worst. That lets the movie down and is a bit of an anti climax.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2013, 07:45:40 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2013, 03:22:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 23, 2013, 01:51:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2013, 01:27:40 PM
Anyone watched Place Beyond The Pines yet?  The limited release has hampered my efforts of hitting the cinema so far, hopefully get this weekend.  Looking forward to it for over a year as well as the upcoming Only God Forgives. 

Watched Jack Reacher, was decent enough.  Rosamund Pike is some bit of gear.
You would no doubt think twice if it was a choice between her or Ryan Gosling.

Have Denzel and Golsing appeared together yet?
The mother lode!

Quote from: The Iceman on April 23, 2013, 05:21:48 PM
Travelled 10,000 miles last week so took in a load of films on the plane:

Life of Pi - Spectacular. I read the book a few years back and he captured it perfectly. Visually stunning (even on a plane screen). 9/10
Broken City - Not bad at all. Usual performances from Crowe and Marky Mark. 5/10
Jack Reacher - Watchable - not great but not the worst. 4/10
End of Watch - really enjoyed it. I liked how it was shot. Enjoyed the characters, the setting, the build up. 8/10

Watched it at the weekend also having lurked on my US stick for months. Same as everything you have said - really enjoyed and the missus even liked it too as she wasn't too sold on it when I told her what it was.

Thought End Of Watch was brilliant, one of the best I have seen this year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Munich on now, not getting into the politics of it all but it's a pretty decent film
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AFS

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 23, 2013, 09:07:06 PM
The Place beyond the pines was good enough. 7 out of 10. The movie is divided into three parts with the first part being the best and the final part being the worst. That lets the movie down and is a bit of an anti climax.

Saw this the other night (there's a good torrent floating about). Would sort of agree with the above. It's a decent show, but there was the potential for something really excellent there. That it fell short of this potential was a bit frustrating. There just wasn't enough punch in the third part.

Milltown Row2

Watched The Impossible the other night, very good and just brought back how much of a disaster that was, while centering on one family it doesn't take away from the heartbreak that went on for thousands of people who were there.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2013, 11:49:30 PM
Watched The Impossible the other night, very good and just brought back how much of a disaster that was, while centering on one family it doesn't take away from the heartbreak that went on for thousands of people who were there.

That is the worst film ever I seen in my life.

laoislad

Quote from: theticklemister on May 09, 2013, 10:11:05 PM

You must have never seen The Cabin in the Woods. .
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2013, 10:14:39 PM

I heard wans chat about it on here; so ill give her a miss.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on May 09, 2013, 10:28:28 PM

I heard wans chat about it on here; so ill give her a miss.

I thought it was a good, wouldn't have spent money on it at the cinema like some ;) but was good enough for a weekend night.

theticklemister

Ye should have went down the local instead 8) ;D :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on May 08, 2013, 11:46:23 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 23, 2013, 09:07:06 PM

Saw this the other night (there's a good torrent floating about). Would sort of agree with the above. It's a decent show, but there was the potential for something really excellent there. That it fell short of this potential was a bit frustrating. There just wasn't enough punch in the third part.
Aye there is a screener on katproxy.com.

Watched 'What Richard Did' a couple of weeks ago and thought it was excellent.

nrico2006

+1, I honestly don't think I will ever see anything as bad.  In saying that, Tree Of Life is the only film that I turned off after 10 minutes, pure tripe.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Watched The Imposter last night....crazy movie about this 23 year old French homeless guy who pretended to be a missing american boy! True story documentary movie. Ridiculous!

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on May 10, 2013, 09:12:12 AM
Watched The Imposter last night....crazy movie about this 23 year old French homeless guy who pretended to be a missing american boy! True story documentary movie. Ridiculous!

Wonderful film, the twist is mind-bending.

Nally Stand

Bit of help required! The odd time when a film is downloaded and watched off a usb on the TV,scenes with foreign languages which should have subtitles, don't have them. Is there any way to combine the subtitles file with the video for watching on tv off the USB? Or will it only work on media player etc?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore