Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 27, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
That's great info for someone who has a clue what you're talking about MS, but for Luddites like myself you may as well be talking to the wall.

I will still rely on ONeill's well known generosity and good nature. ::)
You'd be surprised how many luddites can manage to navigate the world of torrents and use that method to download files.
Torrent clients/applications have gotten a lot less technical these days with automatic set up, which means you don't have to understand how it works, in order to use it. Then you would be free from the clutches of O'Neill, depending on the whims of his 'generousity'.
Start a torrent thread or reactivate an old thread, to help you on your way -  should you get stuck.

heganboy

Quote from: ONeill on February 23, 2013, 12:10:40 AM
Argo was very watchable throughout but I thought the final third was disappointing. Predictable and contrived even without knowing the real life stuff. If it wins best film then it was an average year.
agreed, I watched it a while back and found it enjoyable, was shocked to see it up for an oscar, next year Maybe Bill and Ted 3 will be in with a shout.
argo f**k yourself
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

Standard Hollywood pap - good guys, bad guys, go America, happy ending - formula number 1B, version 1.

ballinaman

Anyone know a torrent of The Hunt (Jagten). Danish movie from last year, supposed to be very good. Struggling to find one.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on February 27, 2013, 06:29:09 PM
Standard Hollywood pap - good guys, bad guys, go America, happy ending - formula number 1B, version 1.
Happy ending? I mistakingly thought it was about the failed attempt to rescue hostages in Iran during Carter's time.
I would have watched that.

ONeill

Managed to get a sub for your original link. Then had to fcuk about with the audio settings as the sub was 7 secs after the video. Got there in the end. Some credit due I suppose.

Good film if your wife is starting to annoy you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 27, 2013, 10:58:51 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2013, 10:24:18 AM
Typical Tyronie, no backbone, moaner and ungrateful.

If your connection is not 100% stable (ie with no drop offs), it should work, alternatively subscribe to deposit files,
or do another search.

http://fddl.in/la-poison-1951-french-720p-bluray-x264-rough/
you can interchange between the 2 sets of links and have 2 downloads going simultaneously. It's about 4,5GB though
and there's bound to be download restrictions for free loaders.

When you've finished doing all of that could you copy it onto a dvd and send it onto me, I'd be ever so grateful, there's a good chap.

I think you'll not like it.

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2013, 11:33:19 PM
Managed to get a sub for your original link. Then had to fcuk about with the audio settings as the sub was 7 secs after the video. Got there in the end. Some credit due I suppose.

Good film if your wife is starting to annoy you.
I guess you were going plus instead of minus or vice versa, with the override parameters. That's called f**king around.
Some of us just count the seconds the audio is out and adjust the delay settings with appropriate professionalism.

ONeill

They seemed to need constant adjustment during the film. Poor link I think .

Main Street

Both the torrent downloads of La Poison (700mb and 1.5gb) were overdubbed with Russian, the old communist standard,  the one voice dub with the French soundtrack lowered in the background.
The 1CD subs from subscene  are in sync with the 700mb file  and close enough with the 1.5gb version

With VLC   - Go to  -->audio  --> disable track 2
and this disables the dub and restores the orig  French soundtrack. This only works with the 1.5GB file
The disable option is not available on the 700mb version.

The 1CD sub file will go out of sync with a film version >25fps

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2013, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on February 27, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
That's great info for someone who has a clue what you're talking about MS, but for Luddites like myself you may as well be talking to the wall.

I will still rely on ONeill's well known generosity and good nature. ::)
You'd be surprised how many luddites can manage to navigate the world of torrents and use that method to download files.
Torrent clients/applications have gotten a lot less technical these days with automatic set up
, which means you don't have to understand how it works, in order to use it. Then you would be free from the clutches of O'Neill, depending on the whims of his 'generousity'.

Start a torrent thread or reactivate an old thread, to help you on your way -  should you get stuck.

Thanks for the advice (good) MS. I looked back on an old thread last night and also used the knowledge of someone a bit more techno savvy than myself and launched my foray into the world of torrents. Result? I'm still not sure of how/what I did but I was successful in a couple of my endeavours. I will continue to experiment :o.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

CiKe

Quote from: ballinaman on February 27, 2013, 08:25:48 PM
Anyone know a torrent of The Hunt (Jagten). Danish movie from last year, supposed to be very good. Struggling to find one.

Good film alright, saw it a few weeks ago. Can't remember if was on Lovefilm or Itunes, but think it was the latter

ziggy90

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2013, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on February 27, 2013, 10:58:51 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2013, 10:24:18 AM
Typical Tyronie, no backbone, moaner and ungrateful.

If your connection is not 100% stable (ie with no drop offs), it should work, alternatively subscribe to deposit files,
or do another search.

http://fddl.in/la-poison-1951-french-720p-bluray-x264-rough/
you can interchange between the 2 sets of links and have 2 downloads going simultaneously. It's about 4,5GB though
and there's bound to be download restrictions for free loaders.

When you've finished doing all of that could you copy it onto a dvd and send it onto me, I'd be ever so grateful, there's a good chap.

I think you'll not like it.

I think you're wrong.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ballinaman

Quote from: CiKe on February 28, 2013, 11:47:37 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 27, 2013, 08:25:48 PM

Good film alright, saw it a few weeks ago. Can't remember if was on Lovefilm or Itunes, but think it was the latter
Sound, looks good alright. Saw another Danish movie last night with the same guy who is in The Hunt and bad guy from a bond movie...
Called "Flame and Citron", set in occupied Denmark, two Danish lads in the resistance, decent enough 7/10

nrico2006

Has anyone seen the new version of Pusher? Any good?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'