Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 02, 2013, 09:08:59 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 31, 2012, 08:19:07 AM
Just watched Dial M For Murder on DVD tonight. Hard to beat.

Love the old Hitchcock flicks, especially when they have the Hitchcock festival at a local cinema near here where they have the boy playing the old organ coming up out of the floor between shows.  An ornate old cinema with a balcony and all.

Watched a few Hitchcocks in September, enjoyed Dial M for Murder as well as North by Northwest, To Catch a Thief and Rear Window.  Want to see Vertigo, The Birds and Psycho next.

As for Cabin In the Woods, as I mentioned a few months ago it is the biggest pile of dung I have ever saw.  Someone on this board actually disagreed though.

I think North by Northwest and Rear Window were the pinnacle of Hitchcock's career.  Vertigo and The Birds are a bit "out there" and very different from the standard spy thriller, but great stuff all the same.

Man Marker

Seen Jack Reacher, must say that I very pleasantly surprised.

DownFanatic

Watched the Crying Game for the first time last night. Really can't make my mind up whether it was good or utter shite. Strange one.

Canalman

Quote from: ziggysego on January 03, 2013, 01:00:47 PM
I watched "Wild Bill" the other night. Dreadful film.

Funny you should mention this film as it was also on the  now discarded "must see films of 2012" list which led me to waste two plus hours of my life in watching Cabin in the Woods. Presume it is the most recent Brit Gangster film you are talking about.

Won't be watching it anytime soon so.

ziggysego

Quote from: Canalman on January 04, 2013, 11:07:55 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 03, 2013, 01:00:47 PM
I watched "Wild Bill" the other night. Dreadful film.

Funny you should mention this film as it was also on the  now discarded "must see films of 2012" list which led me to waste two plus hours of my life in watching Cabin in the Woods. Presume it is the most recent Brit Gangster film you are talking about.

Won't be watching it anytime soon so.

Yep  :D
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on January 02, 2013, 07:05:25 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2013, 03:53:28 PM
Watched Looper last night and I liked it.
Also watched Pitch Perfect and thought it was ok,some funny parts in it but a bit too much like Glee for my liking.

Just downloaded The Imposter,Cloud Atlas and Lincoln and will get to them over the next few days.

Oh and Cabin in the Woods is the worst film I have ever seen.
Got those myself and watched Lincoln yesterday. Heavy enough going but great performances by Daniel Day and his wife( the mother from Forrest Gump). Won't be rushing to watch it again however. Cloud Atlas looks like it has potential from the trailer. Looking forward to Zero Dark Thirty when it comes out on torrents.

Zero Dark Thirty.
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7985890/Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.DVDSCR.Xvid.Ac3-ADTRG

Cloud Atlas was interesting to say the least,a bit of a head scratcher but I enjoyed it. Halle Berry still got it as well,what a fine bird she is.
Not a movie to watch with the wife/GF they would have yer head wrecked asking questions I'd say.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Went to see the life of pi there in the pictures on 3d. Thought it was excellent

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2013, 07:01:20 PM
Also watched Pitch Perfect and thought it was ok,some funny parts in it but a bit too much like Glee for my liking.

Just downloaded The Imposter,Cloud Atlas and Lincoln and will get to them over the next few days.

Got those myself and watched Lincoln yesterday. Heavy enough going but great performances by Daniel Day and his wife( the mother from Forrest Gump). Won't be rushing to watch it again however. Cloud Atlas looks like it has potential from the trailer. Looking forward to Zero Dark Thirty when it comes out on torrents.

Zero Dark Thirty.
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7985890/Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.DVDSCR.Xvid.Ac3-ADTRG

Cloud Atlas was interesting to say the least,a bit of a head scratcher but I enjoyed it. Halle Berry still got it as well,what a fine bird she is.
Not a movie to watch with the wife/GF they would have yer head wrecked asking questions I'd say.
Aye, sound for that. Have it downloading now.

Big time, thought it was different anyways, spotting the actors in different roles was a bit of craic. Hugh Grant as the right evil bastard with the face paint was hilarious. Halle Berry is class.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on January 04, 2013, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2013, 07:01:20 PM

Zero Dark Thirty.

Aye, sound for that. Have it downloading now.

Big time, thought it was different anyways, spotting the actors in different roles was a bit of craic. Hugh Grant as the right evil b**tard with the face paint was hilarious. Halle Berry is class.
Says "error - site blocked"  >:(

laoislad

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2013, 07:34:01 PM
Try this
http://piratebayproxy.me/torrent/7986153/Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.DVDSCR.XViD-TiCKLE.TiME
When I click on the link it is making me down some additional third party software. Not sure I like the look of downloading this other shit.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 04, 2013, 07:45:57 PM
Try this
http://piratebayproxy.me/torrent/7986153/Zero.Dark.Thirty.2012.DVDSCR.XViD-TiCKLE.TiME
When I click on the link it is making me down some additional third party software. Not sure I like the look of downloading this other shit.

Working fine here..
Maybe you could move to Ireland along with Nally Stand  ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2013, 10:37:10 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2013, 10:17:02 PM
I don't remember Glory, but Das Boot was brilliant, though it could have done without that ending, the ultimate bummer.

For American Civil war, the Gettysburg tv drama film, 4hours +, is the standard, maybe  I'm more partial towards the southern generals  Jackson, Lee, Longstreet & Stuart and the southern rebels usually get a raw deal in the movies.

Working my way through Ken Burns nine part Civil War series on PBS, fantastic viewing.

I'm half way through that on Netflix. It's brilliant. He also has a similiar series on the wild west on Netflix that I plan on watching after.

ONeill

Try this

Don't click on it. Search it under torrentz.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on January 05, 2013, 12:11:16 AM
Try this

Don't click on it. Search it under torrentz.
Sorted. Zero Dark Thirty in the locker and Looper on the way.

Anyone seen Django Unchained?