Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Quote from: Gold on November 27, 2012, 04:40:33 PM
White Men Cant Jump.

Watched it on Sat and again on Sunday night on Sky 1 and 2

Have to watch out for those Stookie brothers

Good show alright. Particularly enjoyed the ending when the smug champion on  the tv show gets his posterior handed to him by Harrelson's ex. "Foodstuffs beginning with Q", Jeopardy the show?????

ballinaman

NAG1

Anyone signed up for Lovefilm instant or any of the other streaming type packages?

just wanting to see if they are worthwhile or any feedback on them.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: NAG1 on November 28, 2012, 10:58:08 AM
Anyone signed up for Lovefilm instant or any of the other streaming type packages?

just wanting to see if they are worthwhile or any feedback on them.

I use LoveFilm and think its great. The package I have is unlimited DVD's including blu-rays, (max 1 at a time) and unlimited streaming for £7.99 per month. I use the streaming through the PS3 and the quality is superb. Only knock back would be the selection. Even though there is a lot on it, not alot of it is recent. You can see what the selection is like online before signing up. Haven't tried NetFlix but when looked at the selection it wasn't that great at the time.

NAG1

Was thinking of getting it as a gift, as in a years subscription for someone to it, can this be done?

Puckoon

Can certainly be done with Netflix.

Main Street

The Lives of Others   on RTE 2 tonight  11.50pm

Which reminds me of - 

Why do ex-Stasi officers make the best Berlin taxi drivers? Because you only need to tell them your name and they'll already know where you live!

ballinaman

The lives of others is quality.

No doubt its be mentioned before here, but just watched Oldboy there, korean movie. Jaysus, some movie..Shakespearean esque!

screenexile

Anyone seen 7 Psycopaths yet? I'm a big fan of McDonagh's and really looking forward to seeing it.

Nally Stand

Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2012, 09:22:15 AM
Anyone seen 7 Psycopaths yet? I'm a big fan of McDonagh's and really looking forward to seeing it.

Yip. Was a let down but i know others who liked it. Not in the same league as In Bruges.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 13, 2012, 10:05:02 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2012, 09:22:15 AM

Yip. Was a let down but i know others who liked it. Not in the same league as In Bruges.
Pretty much nails most reviews I have seen.

playwiththewind1st

Saw it last Sunday. Enjoyed "In Bruges", but this was just a load of self-indulgent crap - the 1st 30 mins or so were v promising, then it all nosedived till the end.

My last 2 films have been "Gambit" & "7 Psychopaths" & a right pair of turkeys they were.

Resolution for 2013 - pick a good film to see!

The Iceman

Seen MIB 3 - was disappointed now in fairness although so good one liners. Not the worst way to pass the evening.
Watched Brave with the kids and wasnt great either. there hasn't been anything too epic IMO since the likes of Toy Story...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hound

The Hobbit got a very poor review in the Irish Times today. Basically saying unless you're an absolute die hard fan of the book you'll find it very slow

ballinaman

Watched Cache/Hidden the last day on the recommendations of this thread. Decent enough, interesting.

Looked back to see if Oldboy had been mentioned on this thread, couldn't find it anywhere. Well its well worth a look. Some ending