Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

I tried to give Billy Bob Thornton a round of applause in Monsters Ball, but I was on my own it appeared.

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 22, 2012, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 22, 2012, 12:27:57 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 22, 2012, 12:18:43 AM
Were you up in Parnell Street Ballina Man? There was a round of applause there as well if you were not. It is a fabulous action movie, really great. You will hardly see a better action movie this year.
9.5 out of 10.
Yep, thats where I was. What an action movie...
What has the country become when there is a f**king round of applause for a film in the cinema. Jesus Christ.
I would have totally agreed with you before I saw this scene....although I didnt clap, just laughed because it was ridiculously good.

tbrick18

I remember seeing "We Were Soldiers" in a cinema in Chicago....was sitting beside this big 6 foot 6er, 350lb (you know the type) gentleman. At one point in the film he started to cry uncontrollably when wives of soldiers were getting the letters and then later on he stood up and started shouting "hell yeah, git them yeller sons o bitches" when the helicopter gunships came on the attack.
I never laughed so much at a film in my life..

ballinaman

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 23, 2012, 02:11:31 PM
I remember seeing "We Were Soldiers" in a cinema in Chicago....was sitting beside this big 6 foot 6er, 350lb (you know the type) gentleman. At one point in the film he started to cry uncontrollably when wives of soldiers were getting the letters and then later on he stood up and started shouting "hell yeah, git them yeller sons o bitches" when the helicopter gunships came on the attack.
;D ;D ;D I think i would have had to be carried out if i was there for that!

Remember seeing a lad in San Diego with a "Go Army" baseball cap.....which also had "We Deliver Justice" on the back. I nearly fell over.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 23, 2012, 02:11:31 PM

Yeah experienced this before at a cinema in Time Square, they all got up and shouted and clapped this was in 1991!! The film....... Last Action Hero :o I nearly died laughing

It's nearly as bad a clapping when the plane lands, next we will be clapping the taxi driver who takes ya home
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Very disappointed in Prometheus. It doesn't appear to know what it's supposed to be about, asks more questions than it answers. Visually stunning though - first time I've actually enjoyed 3D.

trileacman

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2012, 12:58:27 PM
Very disappointed in Prometheus. It doesn't appear to know what it's supposed to be about, asks more questions than it answers. Visually stunning though - first time I've actually enjoyed 3D.

Yeah pretty much spot on, beautiful cinematography but no story-line, doesn't know where it's going.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Capt Pat

Prometheus is very well put together but just doesn't hit a home run. Guy Pearce is unrecognisable in it and doesn't do much. There will be a sequel I assume.

Tony Baloney

Watch Man on a Ledge last night. Highlight was Genesis Rodriguez in her skimpies

Capt Pat

The picture doesn't do it justice. A great moment in movie history.

OnTheLine

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 03, 2012, 04:10:40 AM
Prometheus is very well put together but just doesn't hit a home run. Guy Pearce is unrecognisable in it and doesn't do much. There will be a sequel I assume.

I would agree. It's a fairly ok science fiction film and visually looks great. But it is very disjointed and I get the feeling that Ridley Scott wasn't able to cut it down to just over 2hrs without leaving big gaps in the narrative. I'll look forward to the inevitable Director's Cut to see whether it hangs together better. But still not bad value for four quid on a bank holiday afternoon..

Armaghgeddon

Went to see MIB 3 last night, was entertaining but wouldn't watch it again for a while (apart from the start with Nicole Sherzinger dressed to impress). Some critics said the ending is emotional and they were right, some guy started crying at the end.

Cold tea

Got Carnage out last night - what a load of shite from start to finish.

Capt Pat

I thought Carnage was pretty good. It is a play set in one apartment featuring just the four actors. No action or variety but it is not that long.