Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Saw two decent films recently...well worth a look.

Eden Lake with Michael Fassbender

Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon.

Armaghgeddon

Going to heap more praise on Avengers here....Absolutely Awesome movie, don't think we are going to see a better movie. Personally I think it beats Transformers trilogy hands down. With the amount of superheroes in it they definitely divided the time perfectly. Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be a 2nd one which could possibly wreck it.

ross4life

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 03, 2012, 12:01:44 AM
Going to heap more praise on Avengers here....Absolutely Awesome movie, don't think we are going to see a better movie. Personally I think it beats Transformers trilogy hands down. With the amount of superheroes in it they definitely divided the time perfectly. Unfortunately it looks like there is going to be a 2nd one which could possibly wreck it.
Wouldn't take much to beat the Michael Bay Transformers films they were absolutely woeful. Will have to catch Avengers in the cinema sometime soon.

Last three films i seen was on a recent flight to Atlanta. My week with Marilyn, highly rated but i & others around me didn't like it. The Big Year, guys obsessed with bird sightings..like who thought that would make a good film? Mission Impossible 4 apart from the scene on the Burj Dubai it was a poor watch.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GAA_Talk

Watched American Reunion last night. Was a fair enough effort with a couple of laughs in it. The lads behind us were pissing themselves at every line though so I might have been missing something. Stiffler had his moments in it and suppose the best thing about it was that everyone made an appearance at some stage. That should wrap up that series, you would think anyway.

tbrick18

I saw Lockout the other night, not a bad show. Guy Pearce is the star and I actually liked him as a wise-cracking action hero type.
The story was predictable enough, but enjoyable show with some funny parts.
A solid 6.5/10.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on May 03, 2012, 12:43:44 AM
Wouldn't take much to beat the Michael Bay Transformers films they were absolutely woeful. Will have to catch Avengers in the cinema sometime soon.

Last three films i seen was on a recent flight to Atlanta. My week with Marilyn, highly rated but i & others around me didn't like it. The Big Year, guys obsessed with bird sightings..like who thought that would make a good film? Mission Impossible 4 apart from the scene on the Burj Dubai it was a poor watch.

Watched it with herself the other night. She enjoyed it, I didn't!!
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Milltown Row2

Watched a film the other week, christ it was disturbing, a bit like Shutter Island. Well acted also. Dream House with Daniel Craig.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gazzler

Who gives a fcuk where you were flying to or from?

Agree with you about the films though.

ziggy90

Quote from: Gazzler on May 03, 2012, 01:00:17 PM

Who gives a flying fcuk where you were flying to or from? ;D

Agree with you about the films though.

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2012, 12:43:07 PM
Watched a film the other week, christ it was disturbing, a bit like Shutter Island. Well acted also. Dream House with Daniel Craig.

It definitely has a bit of Shutter Island to it.  Was decent enough show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

eddie d

Quote from: GAA_Talk on May 03, 2012, 07:57:00 AM
Watched American Reunion last night. Was a fair enough effort with a couple of laughs in it. The lads behind us were pissing themselves at every line though so I might have been missing something. Stiffler had his moments in it and suppose the best thing about it was that everyone made an appearance at some stage. That should wrap up that series, you would think anyway.

you get them everywhere,even when i went to see the sitter ages ago, worst film ever

Capt Pat

The Avengers movie is good enough. The action is pretty much non stop. However I am not a huge fan of this series of movies. It took them about half a dozen movies to get them together to make a decent movie.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: eddie d on May 03, 2012, 01:46:50 PM
Quote from: GAA_Talk on May 03, 2012, 07:57:00 AM

you get them everywhere,even when i went to see the sitter ages ago, worst film ever

They had clearly sat and watched the entire series before coming to see this show. Came out with lines like, 'that is so Stiffler' and 'Jim's always gettin himself into bother'. They even tried to start an applause at the end of the film. Looking back at it now I'm glad I sat in front of them.

Captain Scarlet

lads went to a preview of The Raid at the weekend, it's out May 18th.
holy schmoke some film, do it on a big screen. no cgi and serious fights and stunts.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Capt Pat

How I spent my summer vacation is well worth a watch. Mel Gibsons latest movie is a return to form for him.

8 out of 10.