Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2012, 03:17:15 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Anchorman is the most over-rated film in history?

No you're not. Can't see what all the hoohah is all about. Dung imo.

Capt Pat

It is a stupid movie that a lot of people myself included seem to enjoy. It probably won't change your life like it did mine.

The Claw

Saw We Bought a Zoo. Thought it was ok to good. A feel good film, the kind of film you'd watch with your parents.

Tony Baloney

Saw 21 Jump Street at the pictures tonight. Liked it a lot, the missus said it was okay but I'm a sucker for that genre.

Capt Pat

I really enjoyed the head hunters, a Norwegian movie that starts out about stealing paintings and then well you have to go and see it.

lurganblue

I watched Moneyball last night. Really enjoyed it. A different look at behind the scenes sport.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2012, 12:29:33 AM
I really enjoyed the head hunters, a Norwegian movie that starts out about stealing paintings and then well you have to go and see it.

If its anything like the book, it would make you look twice at Recruitment Agencies.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Puckoon

Just watched Stephen Kings bag of bones in two parts on Netflix, and it scared the bejasus out of me at times.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 12, 2012, 09:32:08 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2012, 12:29:33 AM

If its anything like the book, it would make you look twice at Recruitment Agencies.

Or make recruiting agents think twice about messing people around?

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on April 13, 2012, 06:39:48 AM
Just watched Stephen Kings bag of bones in two parts on Netflix, and it scared the bejasus out of me at times.
I can't watch scary movies at all anymore. I don't mind a good thriller like Inception or Shutter Island or something like that but I can't do pure horror anymore....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Captain Obvious

Quote from: The Iceman on April 13, 2012, 05:30:13 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on April 13, 2012, 06:39:48 AM
I can't watch scary movies at all anymore. I don't mind a good thriller like Inception or Shutter Island or something like that but I can't do pure horror anymore....
Bladder problems?

The Iceman

I just don't enjoy the feeling of being scared like that anymore....I don't know when or why it changed but its no longer enjoyable
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

SLIGONIAN

The avengers is awesome, absolutley awesome, great action, great effects, hilarious, good story, great acting,,,, just magic. 10/10 for me. what a movie...will have to go back for 2nd viewing, the atmosphere in the cinema was awesome, totally awesome, did i say awesome, i said awesome again..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ziggysego

I was at The Avengers tonight as well Sligonian. What a fantastic film. Great action, comedy, story, SFX. Had the works. This really has set the bar for future super hero films and it's pretty high.
Testing Accessibility

Gazzler

Watched Mission Impossible 4 last night. I feel robbed of two hours of my life.
Dreadful film.