Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: The Claw on March 24, 2012, 01:08:07 AM
DO NOT pay money to see The Hunger Games. Worst pile of tripe I've seen in a long time. Do not believe the high ratings it is bizarrely being given.

I quite enjoyed it to be honest. Maybe because I missed all the hype and wasn't aware it's a book.
Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

I thoughtThe Hunger games was very good. 8.5 out of 10.

It is completely unreal which is why I liked it. The American version of Battle Royale. The lead actress is very attractive as well.

The Claw

Quote from: ziggysego on March 24, 2012, 01:30:52 PM
Quote from: The Claw on March 24, 2012, 01:08:07 AM
DO NOT pay money to see The Hunger Games. Worst pile of tripe I've seen in a long time. Do not believe the high ratings it is bizarrely being given.

I quite enjoyed it to be honest. Maybe because I missed all the hype and wasn't aware it's a book.
I went into it fresh as well and didn't know it was the first part of a trilogy and didn't know it was a book and I thought that might have been a reason why I didn't like it / understand it / thought it was a load of crap. I won't talk about the specific downfalls of the movie at the risk of spoiling but to me it seemed there were a heap of sub plots going on but only touched on each of them a little and I didn't get a sense of why or where certain relationships came from or why they existed. I know its a difficult thing to fit everything into a film and a book can give you background on the various characters but that is the challenge the writers face, and I thought they failed miserably.

The Iceman

I don't think you could fully enjoy the film without reading the book/trilogy. There is so much detail behind some of what the movie shows glimpses of.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Jennifer's body is on now, any good? worth staying up? Megan Fox in it so worth at least 10 minutes.........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Finally watched all of Moneyball. Great show and Pitt was excellent.

Windmill abu

QuoteMegan Fox in it so worth at least 10 minutes.........

i'm a two minute hero
Never underestimate the power of complaining

GAA_Talk

Anchorman 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNA7RjU91I

Gonna be tough to live up to the hype on this one.

Orangemac

Quote from: GAA_Talk on March 29, 2012, 02:37:15 PM

Anchorman 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNA7RjU91I

Gonna be tough to live up to the hype on this one.
Serious hype around this on Twitter although the first film was a bit of a slowburner in terms of not doing well until it went to DVD. Some people know every line of it and some don't get it at all

Saw this earlier, harder than it looks! Stay classy Gaa Board.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/29/anchorman-2-ron-burgundy-kay-burley-quiz_n_1387332.html?ref=mostpopular

BerfArmagh

Watch Moneyball the other night, absolutely excellent, really enjoyed it. Also watched Tin Tin, surprisingly good also

nrico2006

Am I the only one who thinks Anchorman is the most over-rated film in history? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Saw Act of Valor last night..............terrible....so much so it was kinda funny, like the real life version of Team America except they are being serious!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2012, 03:17:15 PM
It's on of these cult films you have to say is great. You're obviously not cool or a student. It's not the worst film and there are some good parts but a reasonable amount of dung mixed in too.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 31, 2012, 03:01:57 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 30, 2012, 03:17:15 PM
It's on of these cult films you have to say is great. You're obviously not cool or a student. It's not the worst film and there are some good parts but a reasonable amount of dung mixed in too.
It was on the other night on one of the channels, I'd never seen it before so watched it . I'd feel the same as nrico2006 and didn't really get what the whole fuss is about it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

On BBC Three at the minute.  You decide.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...