Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Is Lovefilm available in the south? Signed up for the free Netflix trial there and their selection is not great to be honest.

paco

Is there any difference between Netflix and Lovefilm?

The Iceman

Netflix has been in the states now for at least the 5 years I've been around. We subscribe and I have to say it is great.
I'd imagine once they get up and running properly in EU it will improve. fast, efficient service. Main benefit is the online streaming. I have it hooked into the PS3 and watch episodes of loads of shows (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Lost) and theres a whole host of free films to stream. It is compatible with XBOX, PS3 and Wii, available on smart Phones and TV with wireless.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Iceman on January 18, 2012, 02:53:22 PM
Netflix has been in the states now for at least the 5 years I've been around. We subscribe and I have to say it is great.
I'd imagine once they get up and running properly in EU it will improve. fast, efficient service. Main benefit is the online streaming. I have it hooked into the PS3 and watch episodes of loads of shows (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Lost) and theres a whole host of free films to stream. It is compatible with XBOX, PS3 and Wii, available on smart Phones and TV with wireless.

Netflix the system itself works perfectly alright. Just their selection is not great at the moment but I guess they are still new over here so their content will improve and get larger over time.

tbrick18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 14, 2012, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 14, 2012, 02:24:12 PM
I only saw the second half of the Brothers Grimm movie on BBC last night with Matt Damon. I thought it was pretty good from what I saw.
Didn't realiseMatt Damon was in it. The wife of one of Minder's big buds plays the Queen or witch or something in it.

Thought it was a great show....kids loved it too, even though it did scare the bejaysus outta them.

HiMucker

Folks, I seen a few of you on about netflix so I got the one month free trial on the PS3.  Seems good, and fair selection of old and farily new stuff.  However you dont seem to get any new releases.  I would go down to Extra vision and drop myabe £10 or so on a few new releases every couple of weeks or so.  What would be the best site to sign up to (lovefilm.com etc etc.)  to get the new releases, and how much are ye talkin??

screenexile

Watched 'Paul' the other day. Sci Fi spoof film with Frost & Pegg and Seth Rogen. I thought it was class. Quite understated but very funny in parts it was one that slipped under the radar especially when I remember looking at the trailer thinking it would be cack. Solid 8/10 I would recommend it to anyone for a good comedy!

Minder

Just watched The Descendants, not sure it would be everyones cup of tae but i enjoyed it. 8.5/10
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on January 19, 2012, 10:05:51 PM
Just watched The Descendants, not sure it would be everyones cup of tae but i enjoyed it. 8.5/10

Paid into the cinema to watch it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2012, 10:09:51 PM

Paid into the cinema to watch it?

No.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on January 19, 2012, 11:30:47 AM
Watched 'Paul' the other day. Sci Fi spoof film with Frost & Pegg and Seth Rogen. I thought it was class. Quite understated but very funny in parts it was one that slipped under the radar especially when I remember looking at the trailer thinking it would be cack. Solid 8/10 I would recommend it to anyone for a good comedy!
Funny I would say the same. The whole premise stank but started watching it over Xmas thinking it would be suitable for the kids. It wasn't! So I watched it without them and it was much better than I though it would be.

ONeill

I enjoyed it a lot, especially Clooney's performance. He's just so dreamy. 8.15/10

Moneyball - a good sporty movie. Brad Pitt is just so dreamy. 8.13/10
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Wouldn't mind see The Descendants. Looks quite good.
Testing Accessibility

ballinaman

Shame

Fassbender should get the oscar for best male actor in a female hole.

Orior

Does anyone else miss the old television show called Film 81, Film 82 etc hosted by Barry Norman?

I still remember his reviews of Waynes World and American Werewolf in London and thinking "I must go see those".
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians