Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Saw Sherlock Holmes last night and was pleasantly surprised. It was much better than the last one. Very slick and fast moving but very enjoyable. 7/10 I reckon.

HiMucker

Cow boys and Aliens!  What was i thinking :-[ :o.  Avoid it like the clap.  The clue was in the name

Dinny Breen

Watched Winter's Bone the other night. Slow paced but haunting. Some serious performances but the Uncle Teardrop was fantastic. One for fans of subtle intelligent movies 8/10.

#newbridgeornowhere

Capt Pat

The latest mission impossible movie is very entertaining imho. 8 out of 10.

nrico2006

Watched:

* Defiance - decent enough show.

* Star Trek - really enjoyed it, had never watched any previous episode or film before plus Zoe Saldana is class.

* Cowboys and Aliens - pretty poor.

* Watched Drive again, unbelievable.  Have to buy the Soundtrack, be the first one I have bought since Bad Boys. 

Have Warrior in the house to watch tonight, looking forward to it.  Also taped Revolutionary Road, anyone seen it?

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

Quote from: HiMucker on January 03, 2012, 09:47:34 AM
Cow boys and Aliens!  What was i thinking :-[ :o.  Avoid it like the clap.  The clue was in the name

I liked it!
Good old fashioned leave your brain at the door stuff.

Goats Do Shave

Enjoyed the Adjustment Bureau over the weekend. - 7/10

Seen Bronson also - it's bukking mental!! - I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I enjoyed it. Put me in the notion to watch Sexy Beast again.

Quite enjoyed the Town over Crimbo hols too - another 7/10.

nrico2006

Warrior was very good but I was a bit disappointed in the ending, which was predictable. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 03, 2012, 10:32:50 AM
Watched Winter's Bone the other night. Slow paced but haunting. Some serious performances but the Uncle Teardrop was fantastic. One for fans of subtle intelligent movies 8/10.

I have this lined up for ages - must get round to watching it.  Tks Dinny.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

HiMucker

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 04, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

I liked it!
I will admit it was watchable, but afterwards I thought I never watch it again.  If you think that was good you should watch Pitch Black.  Better show than Alien IMO

Seen A Lonely Place To Die, decent show, bit predictable with the no signal on the cell phones and the other cliches.  Based in the highlands in Scotland, fantastic scenery in the film and a nice soundtrack.

Dinny Breen

Quoteyou should watch Pitch Black.  Better show than Alien IMO

#newbridgeornowhere

HiMucker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 04, 2012, 03:02:23 PM
Quoteyou should watch Pitch Black.  Better show than Alien IMO

Very good  :D  But I did think it was a great show for that genre, alot better than the follow up the chronicles of riddick which was boulder dash.  Here atleast I stuck my neck out! There is boys on here not mentioning the embarrassing films they enjoy  :)

bigfrank

I know nearly everyone else on this thread will have seen it but i watched The Blind Side for the first time last night and loved it..Not a bit of wonder Sandra B got an Oscar for it..have been told to watch Invincible now as its kind of similar...

Celt_Man

Saw Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows at the weekend. Cracking movie, well paced, very witty, genuiely funny in parts and Downey Jr & Law have some great scenes in it together
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

tbrick18

Quote from: HiMucker on January 04, 2012, 02:56:02 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 04, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

I liked it!
I will admit it was watchable, but afterwards I thought I never watch it again.  If you think that was good you should watch Pitch Black.  Better show than Alien IMO

Seen A Lonely Place To Die, decent show, bit predictable with the no signal on the cell phones and the other cliches.  Based in the highlands in Scotland, fantastic scenery in the film and a nice soundtrack.

Yep saw Pitch Black years ago....probably Vin's best movie.
The follow up was crap though.