Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 17, 2011, 10:29:50 PM
Big lebowski is on Dave at the moment, one of the funniest films out there imo.
+1 tails off a bit at the end but hilarious for most of it. Great soundtrack as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 18, 2011, 10:32:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2011, 10:26:26 PM
Had to turn over thon film on 4 Bruno!!!! WTF!!!
Were you having strange feelings watching it?

Was a senseless movie, well could have got better but swinging willies ain't my thing  :-*
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Probably the worst film I have ever seen. Usually a big SBC fan but thought Bruno was just not funny at all.

tyroneboi

The burbs was on itv 4 earlier great show never get sick of watching it!

ONeill

Quote from: screenexile on December 18, 2011, 11:18:56 PM

Probably the worst film I have ever seen. Usually a big SBC fan but thought Bruno was just not funny at all.

Agreed. One too many.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

"In the valley of Elah"

I've had this movie for over a year and only got round to watching it tonight.

The performances from Tommy lee Jones and Charlize Theron are excellent

The plot of the movie takes a while to get established.

But if you stick with it, the plot sorts its self out and the film becomes a murder mystery with a sub text on how the U.S Military treats its war veterans.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

The Iceman

Seen the latest Pirates installment and although I haven't enjoyed any of them since the 1st one this one was a decent show.

Have Super 8 in the house to watch some time this week. Is it any good?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mc_grens

Quote from: The Iceman on December 19, 2011, 03:24:27 PM
Seen the latest Pirates installment and although I haven't enjoyed any of them since the 1st one this one was a decent show.

If, like me, you grew up with ET, Stand By Me, The Goonies, Close Encounters and all that era of movies you'll love it.

Not quite as good as those flicks but on the same wavelength.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mc_grens on December 19, 2011, 04:13:25 PM

If, like me, you grew up with ET, Stand By Me, The Goonies, Close Encounters and all that era of movies you'll love it.

Freaky - watched The Goonies yesterday morning and Super 8 last night. Goonies is still a classic and I really enjoyed Super 8 probably for the reason outlined above!
#newbridgeornowhere

HiMucker

Watched Conan the Barbarian 2011 last night!  Can only be described as chewing gum for the eyes.  You know what its going to be like, but sure you know a sausage roll is pure shit, but ye eat one every now and again!

screenexile

Loads of people on FB mouthing about Step Brothers . . . does anyone else see the attraction?? Very average imo and definitely not Ferrell's best work!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on December 19, 2011, 09:26:23 PM
Loads of people on FB mouthing about Step Brothers . . . does anyone else see the attraction?? Very average imo and definitely not Ferrell's best work!
I'd go further and say it's dirt.

Milltown Row2

FCUK all else on tv at the minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Super 8 is just an average movie. It starts well enough butreally just fizzles out.

Those other movies are just so good in comparison.

Quote from: mc_grens on December 19, 2011, 04:13:25 PM

HiMucker

Quote from: screenexile on December 19, 2011, 09:26:23 PM
Didnt rate it either, not a patch on most of his other shows.

Watched the Lincoln Lawyer last night.  Dont know why I held off for so long to watch it.  Great show. 8/10