Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2011, 08:29:19 AM
Watched Taking Lives last night.  Had seen it when it came out but still enjoyable viewing second time around.  Angelina Jolie was on fire in it, hot hot hot.

She got a quare rasping in that show.

Watched Cedar Rapids last night. Brutal show. A poor mans anchorman

lurganblue

Quote from: Forever Green on December 10, 2011, 12:33:19 AM
Anyone got a Lovefilm account? Absolutely brilliant job for £10 every month

Yep. Great for a tenner a month. Plus films streamed through the ps3

ONeill

Catch 'Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale' if you can for an unusual take on the Santa Claus story. It's Finnish with English subtitles. You'll probably not look on Santa in the same light again. There's a good torrent out there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Watched 5 minutes of heaven last night with Liam Neeson and James Nesbit(t?). So Lurgan was always a shithole then?

ONeill

Watched Bronson tonight - loosely based on Charles Bronson's life. Brings something different to the table in terms of treatment of a biography. Brilliant performance from Tom Hardy as Bronson. Some muscle.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on December 14, 2011, 11:25:57 PM
Watched Bronson tonight - loosely based on Charles Bronson's life. Brings something different to the table in terms of treatment of a biography. Brilliant performance from Tom Hardy as Bronson. Some muscle.

Agreed - great film
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Aye Bronson was a good show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on December 13, 2011, 07:58:32 PM
Anyone watched Will Ferrell's show - Everything Must Go?

He plays a straight loser but surprisingly manages to do it brilliantly. Short movie where not a lot happens but worth seeing again.
A very enjoyable film, including Ferrell's character. Though I couldn't work out what his drinking problem was, it seemed normal enough. 

ONeill

Quote from: Main Street on December 15, 2011, 12:08:07 AM

He plays a straight loser but surprisingly manages to do it brilliantly. Short movie where not a lot happens but worth seeing again.
A very enjoyable film, including Ferrell's character. Though I couldn't work out what his drinking problem was, it seemed normal enough.

What?? A beer first in the morning?

HiMucker

Watched the Devils Double last night.  Thought it was very good.  About Udey Hussein and the man who is forced to be his double.  Dominic Cooper plays both parts very well.  Some mental bits in the film, and Udey Hussein is a complete nut job.  Anybody else seen this yet?

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on December 15, 2011, 12:11:07 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 15, 2011, 12:08:07 AM

What?? A beer first in the morning?
He was between jobs, reflecting about his sudden dire change of circumstances on the lazy boy, not quite sure where to go next and was supping on a 6 pack over the day.
Not quite the reckless drinking to match his misfortune, not anywhere near what you'd call rock bottom.

The Iceman

Watched 13 Assassins last night.
Fantastic Show. 10/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Main Street

Quote from: The Iceman on December 15, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
Fantastic Show. 10/10

Did you watch the dubbed version or the subtitled version?

Puckoon

Quote from: HiMucker on December 15, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
Watched the Devils Double last night.  Thought it was very good.  About Udey Hussein and the man who is forced to be his double.  Dominic Cooper plays both parts very well.  Some mental bits in the film, and Udey Hussein is a complete nut job.  Anybody else seen this yet?

This is coming either tomorrow or over the weekend. Watched the trailer last night and it looks excellent.

CiKe

Quote from: Main Street on December 15, 2011, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on December 15, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
Fantastic Show. 10/10

Did you watch the dubbed version or the subtitled version?

Watched it myself this week thought it started off very well but the fight at the end must have been near an hour long thought it was a bit much.

Also saw Affliction with Nick Nolte. Slow going but Nolte is very good. Don't think it would be everyone's cup of tea, prob need to be in the right mood, but I was on a plane so nothing better to do and enjoyed it