Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 10, 2011, 12:38:38 AM
Watched HUGO 3D tonight, unreal show, totally encapulsating, just a beautiful movie, visually stunning, great acting and story, another masterpiece from Scorsese, 10/10,

Kids like it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2011, 12:40:09 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 10, 2011, 12:38:38 AM
Watched HUGO 3D tonight, unreal show, totally encapulsating, just a beautiful movie, visually stunning, great acting and story, another masterpiece from Scorsese, 10/10,

Kids like it?
I saw 1 kid there but tbh i wouldnt think so, its a very deep story and without giving the plot away its a very sentimental movie especially about old movies, its one of those movies i cant see anyone not liking bar tbh, bar kids as they wont get it and theres not enough in it for them bar the 3d visuals of paris in the snow. Really impressed with it though.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Capt Pat

Hugo failed the sleep test for me. It is ok but nothing special, too indulent from the I love movies brigade. Good movies never fail the sleep test, they hook you in and never let you go.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 10, 2011, 02:01:44 AM
Hugo failed the sleep test for me. It is ok but nothing special, too indulent from the I love movies brigade. Good movies never fail the sleep test, they hook you in and never let you go.
I feel sorry for you
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

The Worker

Anyone seen kill the irishman? is it any use?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: The Worker on December 10, 2011, 12:33:53 PM

Seen it. Was ok but when I was watching it you kind of thing it had more potential.

bennydorano

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 10, 2011, 12:51:55 PM
Quote from: The Worker on December 10, 2011, 12:33:53 PM

Seen it. Was ok but when I was watching it you kind of thing it had more potential.
My sentiments exactly, had the potential of a Goodfellas, but felt like a TV movie.

nrico2006

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 09, 2011, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 01, 2011, 09:19:46 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 18, 2011, 08:10:39 PM
Sky plussed "Hunger" the other night lads..is it worth watchin??

Same as myself, watched it Tuesday might. Powerful bit of film, but very slow moving in parts. Might have bored some people, but it added to it for me.

The 15 minutes straight, unbroken dialogue between Bobby and the Priest, was fantastic. Debating the morality and theology behind the Hunger Strike. For thar alone, worth watching. 9/10.

I gave up after about ten minutes of boredom. I thought "what a pretentious load of shite."  Any old eejit could point a camera at someone for five minutes while he sits there and does nothing, it doesn't make it "artistic" it just makes it slow. Plus I have an aversion to hearing my own accent on screen anyway.

Felt the same.  Watched it before but was glad when it was over.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

Quote from: LostInSpace on December 10, 2011, 12:35:21 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 10, 2011, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: LostInSpace on December 09, 2011, 11:54:55 PM
Any of you on demonoid.com?

I recently got an invite, everything I have downloaded so far has been unreal quality.  Really good site.

Any chance of an invite; lik a gud man??!

No bother
PM Me your email address

Do you have to have an invite to use Demonoid? I havent used it yet, usually use piratebay.

nrico2006

Watched Taking Lives last night.  Had seen it when it came out but still enjoyable viewing second time around.  Angelina Jolie was on fire in it, hot hot hot. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Folks seen Horrible Bosses last night, not the best show, but some funny bits in it.  However Jennifer Anniston looks unreal in it, and worth a look for that alone.  I honestly didnt get your mans problem.  She was the Queen of Cougars in it!

Puckoon

Spent the weekend on the sofa - got through a lot of movies:

1. Hangover II
Mixed reviews meant I waited for this one to come out on dvd. Wish I had have gone to the movies for it - thouroughly enjoyable. 7.5/10

2. Arn - the Knight Templar
Threw this on half expecting it to be pure shite. It was surprisingly good. Liking all things historically made with swords and horses and the crusades this movie was very good. Sweedish made which threw me at first - but Id give it an 8/10 (more, if like me you like this sort of thing).

3. Tom Horn
Steve McQueens penultimate movie - based on the true story of Tom Horn the famed wild west tracker. Enjoyable if a little slow paced. 6.5/10

4. Super Troopers
Had not seen this in years - still very very funny stuff. 7/10

5. Melancholia
Not really my cup of tea at all - but watchable. You get to see Kirsten Dunsts breasts. A lot.
32C/10

ONeill

Anyone watched Will Ferrell's show - Everything Must Go?

He plays a straight loser but surprisingly manages to do it brilliantly. Short movie where not a lot happens but worth seeing again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paco

Been putting the hours in recently, really enjoyed X-Men First Class and tonight I rented Rising of the Planet of the Apes and Captain America!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paco on December 13, 2011, 08:29:46 PM
Been putting the hours in recently, really enjoyed X-Men First Class and tonight I rented Rising of the Planet of the Apes and Captain America!
Still to watch XMen but I see January Jones and Rose Byrne are in it so must be worth a view.