Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue Gael

Went to see the rum diaries during the week. Strange movie. Was based more around johnny depps carachter than any real stroyline itself.

Capt Pat

The Rum Diaries promises much in the trailer delivers little more in the movie.

6 out of 10.

NAG1

Quote from: Sky Blue Gael on November 17, 2011, 09:19:11 AM
Went to see the rum diaries during the week. Strange movie. Was based more around johnny depps carachter than any real stroyline itself.

what johnny depp film lately hasnt been?

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: NAG1 on November 17, 2011, 11:46:31 AM
Quote from: Sky Blue Gael on November 17, 2011, 09:19:11 AM

what johnny depp film lately hasnt been?

:D I suppose i was foolish to expect anythin else

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

5 Sams

Sky plussed "Hunger" the other night lads..is it worth watchin??
The Aristocrat Years

lurganblue

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 18, 2011, 08:10:39 PM
Sky plussed "Hunger" the other night lads..is it worth watchin??

Yes. Great performance by Michael Fassbender.

lurganblue

Finally got round to watching avatar last night. Visually fantastic but wasn't overly impressed with the story. It would have been nice to see it in 3d I think. 6/10

Milltown Row2

Watched "It's kind of a funny story" last night. A film about a 16 year old dealing with thoughts of suicide and signing himself into a hospital. Very good thought provoking movie, with Zach Galifiankis
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone girl

Watchin Taken on RTE. Great show even though have already watched it about 5 times. Liam Neeson is class

Puckoon

Watched the girl who kicked the hornets nest last night - think it may have been my favourite of the three. Think the girl cast in the American version is just a tad too strange looking for my tastes.

ONeill

Got to see Drive finally. Thoroughly enjoyed it but something lacking to grade it as an A* movie. Wasn't too fussed on some of the violence but great direction. Loved the soundtrack.

Another was Midnight in Paris. I know some will hate this movie. It's a Woody Allen film (he's not in it thankfully). Owen Wilson and his bride-to-be holiday in Paris. Wilson is there to find some kind of inspiration for his novel. I hadn't really expected much beyond this but as a lover of Paris and Parisian lifestyle I knew i'd like the backdrop. Without spoiling it, it's a comedy/drama/time travel and it helps if you've even remotely heard of Hemmingway, Picasso, Dali and Fitzgerald.

I loved it but I suspect many will find it a rather pointless movie. Interested in hearing others' views on it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on November 30, 2011, 11:09:03 PM
Got to see Drive finally. Thoroughly enjoyed it but something lacking to grade it as an A* movie. Wasn't too fussed on some of the violence but great direction. Loved the soundtrack.

Another was Midnight in Paris. I know some will hate this movie. It's a Woody Allen film (he's not in it thankfully). Owen Wilson and his bride-to-be holiday in Paris. Wilson is there to find some kind of inspiration for his novel. I hadn't really expected much beyond this but as a lover of Paris and Parisian lifestyle I knew i'd like the backdrop. Without spoiling it, it's a comedy/drama/time travel and it helps if you've even remotely heard of Hemmingway, Picasso, Dali and Fitzgerald.

I loved it but I suspect many will find it a rather pointless movie. Interested in hearing others' views on it.
Which one? I like all Woody Allen movies (even the crap ones) so I'll like it. Might legally download it for the weekend.