Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Watching a film on Film 4 at the moment called Donkey(or Dunkey as we say in Laois) Punch.
Great craic!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

cadence

dunno if it's been posted on here before, but jig, the film about the the irish dancing world championships, i really enjoyed. the kids in it are just so lovely and you can only marvel at their dedication. highly recommendz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ4D2cg48uw

ONeill

Win Win - a little gem of a film. Highly recommend it. Laughed out loud twice during a film which was not overly funny.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on August 27, 2011, 12:32:56 AM
Watching a film on Film 4 at the moment called Donkey(or Dunkey as we say in Laois) Punch.
Great craic!

Twas all right, but a bit far fetched.

I watched Inglorious Basterds at the weekend. Brad Pitt does not do accents, even American ones!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Orior on August 29, 2011, 12:18:25 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 27, 2011, 12:32:56 AM
Great craic!

Twas all right, but a bit far fetched.
Just a tad!
Why can't people who find themselves at the mercy of a murderer just play along with them until they get to a safe place? Why are they all so stupid.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Eamonnca1

Saw Senna yesterday. Riveting. You'd probably still enjoy it if you're not a Formula 1 fan. 
Trailer here.  Doesn't paint Prost in a very positive light though.   I used to think Senna was an awful man for putting other drivers off the track, so it's interesting to see his side of the story.

Saw Captain America last week and was impressed. I've yet to be disappointed by any of the Marvel movies that have been coming out lately.

Orior

I watched Primal last night.

Rubbish.

SLIGONIAN

Big fan of the inbetweeners show so was really looking forward to the movie.

Went to see it and thought first 20 mins very good but when they went on holiday 3/4 funny bits only i thought it was very poor, overall 5/10 for me.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ONeill

Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949), digitally remastered this year. Brilliant black comedy with Alec Guinness playing 8 roles.

TYP and Hardy would be able to regale stories of its original release.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2011, 11:45:42 PM
Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949), digitally remastered this year. Brilliant black comedy with Alec Guinness playing 8 roles.

LOL

Capt Pat

Final Destination 5 is in 3 D but I went 2 D. The same again from this series of movies. Like the Saw movies every movie is the same in this series but I still enjoy them.

mc_grens

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2011, 11:45:42 PM

Brilliant flick... A long time favourite in this parish.

DrinkingHarp

Watched Avatar last night, thought it was going to be a kids show but was an excellent story line and the special effects were fantastic, can't wait for the sequel.

Also caught Secretariat last week, one of the best sporting movies I think of all-time.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 31, 2011, 02:53:18 AM
Watched Avatar last night, thought it was going to be a kids show but was an excellent story line and the special effects were fantastic, can't wait for the sequel.

Also caught Secretariat last week, one of the best sporting movies I think of all-time.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is sexy in it.

screenexile

Anyone catch Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last night? Excellent film!